OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Identify this turkey seat

Started by sasquatch1, February 20, 2019, 07:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch1

I have a turkey seat that I love but can't find anymore and don't know who made it. Theirs some close to it but the legs dnt fold inside of them like this one does to pack flat.

It use to have a little back on it that I cut off too so keep that in mind. The back was like a pad with rods in it on the ends and it was adjusted with two straps as you'll see the tension pulls on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs Up

sasquatch1

That's the closest looking but now the ones they make have legs that dnt fold flat and under. Maybe they changed design. Idk why they'd change that though but.....

LaLongbeard

Been along time since I've seen ones like pictured, all the newer ones have individual legs that are great for sinking in the mud. For some reason when something works someone somewhere has to change it or make it cheaper.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

sasquatch1

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 20, 2019, 08:07:54 PM
Been along time since I've seen ones like pictured, all the newer ones have individual legs that are great for sinking in the mud. For some reason when something works someone somewhere has to change it or make it cheaper.

Ain't that the truth! Would live to find one just to have as a backup. If it ever breaks I'm sure I could modify the newer ones to be about the same.

Seems they don't think much about people that hunt the soft ground swamps with designs

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

The frame looks good on the one you have.  If you want to repair the seat, it would be an easy fix with new webbing.  Take the screws out from below, go on ebay or amazon and find some lawn chair webbing or nylon webbing of your choice and you'll have a brand new chair.

tha bugman

Treerooster

Definitely a H S Strut seat. I had one. Had a pad on it and a strap that would go around you waist like a belt to carry it.

I may still have it somewhere but I think I sold it. It was a little clumsy to carry. The metal sides would clank now & then against brush, didn't like that.

The legs are a good design tho. The little bit of rise the seat gave was nice in some situations to see over brush but you could sit on it flat too. The angle it gave you to sit on was nice to in a lot of set ups. Wasn't the most comfortable sitting flat tho.

sasquatch1

Quote from: bbcoach on February 21, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
The frame looks good on the one you have.  If you want to repair the seat, it would be an easy fix with new webbing.  Take the screws out from below, go on ebay or amazon and find some lawn chair webbing or nylon webbing of your choice and you'll have a brand new chair.

Nah I was just looking to try to find another just to have since they apparently don't make them

sasquatch1

Quote from: Treerooster on February 21, 2019, 09:02:58 AM
Definitely a H S Strut seat. I had one. Had a pad on it and a strap that would go around you waist like a belt to carry it.

I may still have it somewhere but I think I sold it. It was a little clumsy to carry. The metal sides would clank now & then against brush, didn't like that.

The legs are a good design tho. The little bit of rise the seat gave was nice in some situations to see over brush but you could sit on it flat too. The angle it gave you to sit on was nice to in a lot of set ups. Wasn't the most comfortable sitting flat tho.

Yea mine fits good and quiet in my back game pouch of my vest. Little tricky to get it in and out without removing the vest but can be done

I cut the back off mine as you can see because it wasn't very useful and real short. I just use it at the base of trees just as I would sit without a chair.

I'll search the Internet now since I know who made it, maybe something will turn up

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Swather

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 21, 2019, 09:57:06 AM
Quote from: bbcoach on February 21, 2019, 08:19:21 AM

Nah I was just looking to try to find another just to have since they apparently don't make them

You might find a camo Stearns throw PDF/cushion boatseat to be a suitable alternative.  And lighter and quieter.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game