turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New sights and still shooting low

Started by Bubba85, February 18, 2019, 01:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba85

Bought some truglo pro series sights for 870 because it was shooting low. I've moved my rear sight up as high as they will go and still shooting low. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to shoot higher?

Rapscallion Vermilion

If your set is the one that comes with the real high front sight, I'd switch that out with something that sits lower.

dirt road ninja

move the rear sight towards the middle of the barrel to gain elevation on the rib or slide the front sight as far down to the muzzle to lower it.

paboxcall

Also try a different choke tube to see if your POA/POI changes.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Bubba85

Thanks for the replies! I have tried two different chokes and 5 or 6 difernt shells and shot sizes. I do have the tall truglo pro series gobble dot sights that screw to the vent rib. I haven't moved the sights closer towards the muzzle yet, I'll give that a try next. If that doesn't work could I raise the comb on it or does that only work with a bead?

coyote1

If moving your rear sight forward doesn't work.  Try a hi-viz spark 2 front bead. It has multiple threads to fit different brands and can get it in red or green. It sits lower than the gobble dot front sight and lines up perfectly with the rear sight. I like the sight picture with the spark better than the original.

I realize Remington may have a pressed in bead but you could drill & tap to a common thread size so the spark can be used.

I figured this out last year when I had the same problem with my benelli.

Raising the comb would only help to achieve proper cheek weld and eye alignment for a red dot or scope.

stahl1

Have someone else shoot the gun, if they have the same results as you the barrel may be bent. Also a stiff trigger can effect your aim.

CrustyRusty

Raising the comb will only work if shooting bead.  The suggestion to lower your front sight may be your best bet.  I mix and match sight sets all the time to get needed results, it may work for you as well.

Quote from: Bubba85 on February 18, 2019, 09:32:46 PM
Thanks for the replies! I have tried two different chokes and 5 or 6 difernt shells and shot sizes. I do have the tall truglo pro series gobble dot sights that screw to the vent rib. I haven't moved the sights closer towards the muzzle yet, I'll give that a try next. If that doesn't work could I raise the comb on it or does that only work with a bead?