turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wyoming's Finest Outfitters

Started by strutstopper, February 18, 2019, 10:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutstopper

Has anyone hunted with them? My dad and I are hoping to finish our slams next year, all that's left is the merriam. I ran across this outfitter at the convention. PM me if you don't want to post on this thread.

TNSharpSpur

Yes Chris with Wyoming's Finest Outfitter will put you on the birds, the lodge is nice, and the food is good. The ranches and scenery are beautiful. Numerous birds also, as long as you can shoot you will kill one

GobbleNut

Sorry, I can't help you about this outfitter, but I can give everybody some advice about choosing western turkey hunting outfitters:
Make sure they understand turkey hunting and what turkey hunters want!
Many western outfitters are big game outfitters and know little about turkey hunting, and because of that, want to "guide" their turkey hunters and hunt like they do on their big game hunts.  Be sure to make it clear what you are looking for in your hunt,...that is, many serious turkey hunters want to access to property with birds, a decent place to stay with decent food and accommodations,...and then be left alone to go hunt gobblers.   

As simple as that seems, there are outfitters that will want to control your every move.  If that is what you want,...fine,...but if it isn't, make sure you make it clear up front that you want to turkey hunt,...not big game hunt.

And here's another consideration:  If you want a quality turkey hunt that tests your skill as a turkey hunter, find out if you are hunting "barnyard" birds or truly wild turkeys.  There are places where the birds on private properties are so lightly hunted and "conditioned" to people that your hunt will be the proverbial "turkey shoot". 

Personally, I don't like to pay my hard-earned money to shoot a gobbler that I might as well have gone down to the local grocery store and picked out of the frozen food section.  :toothy12:

And finally, to any of the outfitters out there that do not fit the above description,....my apologies up-front.  I am sure there are many good ones that don't.   :icon_thumright:

strutstopper

Thanks for the replies!

I'll definitely ask plenty of questions before I book anywhere.