OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Been here a year today.

Started by Sir-diealot, February 18, 2019, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Thought it would be interesting to see how my collection has grown. Fist picture is what I had when I got here, second and third are what I have now along with what I had then. Note items to far right in second and third picture are things I already had and did not put in the first picture a year ago. Ya'll have been a terrible influence on me! lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

appalachianstruttstopper

My word! I'm a custom call maker and I don't even have that many laying around lol

Bowguy

Very cool. Turkey calls are fun

dejake

Only eleven pots?  You're not close to being done, lol.

Pig

Nice collection Sir-diealot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boykin Hollow

U are my hero Sir-diealot,  9 posts a day since joining OG!!!!!

Harty

Great start on your collection sir-diealot. The "influence" has hit me as well, but it's appreciated as the advice has been solid!

randy6471

Ol timer

Lol are you still married?? Nice collection you acquired in 1 year, now which ones make the trip to hunt with.

Ranger

Quote from: Boykin Hollow on February 18, 2019, 06:19:39 AM
Man shooting for a record.  Time to acquire some beards and spurs to match the investment in calls and internet wisdom.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

PSEoutlaw07

it truly is a disease or addiction whatever you wanna call it, I think i'm up to 10 or 11 pot calls now
I have 4 decoys, too much camo, 3 vests for some reason
I think the only reason I'm still married is because she just can't tell what's new or old anymore, she gave up

Sir-diealot

Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on February 18, 2019, 01:30:10 AM
My word! I'm a custom call maker and I don't even have that many laying around lol
Oh I am sure you have tons.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Bowguy

Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on February 18, 2019, 07:39:59 AM
it truly is a disease or addiction whatever you wanna call it, I think i'm up to 10 or 11 pot calls now
I think the only reason I'm still married is because she just can't tell what's new or old anymore, she gave up

Not sure how old ya are but I'm gonna give you some advice. You hit the nail on the head when you said she can't tell what's old n new.
If you had 2 guns n got one more she'd know right? If you had 50 and got one more she'd never say why do you need another gun. She'd say "all those guns" but she'd never notice.
In my life every girl I've been w including my ex wife had that feeling about anything. Why do you need all those bows? Fishing rods? Traps? Even dogs for a bit though I'm down there now.
In essence if your girl complains it's not that you have too many, it's that you have not enough and she can count it.
Get a bunch more calls. I bet you're already starting on the safe range here.
Ya gotta be careful though nothing is so out of the ordinary it draws attn.
one time when my kids were little I had 14 dogs. 3 separate kennels set up in dif places with all of them being multiple space. I'd rotate them too as I'd kennel two together in cold weather and bitches in heat had to be moved.
These were all dif type beagles but open marked, tri color, black n tan  or blue tick. Never a lemon n white. That light dog would stand out.
Ok so my daughter is about 3-4. I got this bluetick I named Blueberry Wine. He loved laying on top of his house in the sun. As were headed to a zoo my daughter asks the name of the dog that liked sleeping on the house top? I calmly said "I'm not sure hon show me at home which one you mean?" I was intending on blowing it off softly. Well that was something unusual and I got a crazy dirty look.
Don't ask or include her, she'll keep a score card. Does she ask you when she buys shoes??

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on February 18, 2019, 03:34:48 AM
They sure are, has been fun learning how each has a different sound with the materials.

Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on February 18, 2019, 07:39:59 AM
I have a good girlfriend, I know she gets aggravated at times but not so much at buying the calls as constantly playing them in the house.

Quote from: Ranger on February 18, 2019, 07:35:22 AM
Man shooting for a record.  Time to acquire some beards and spurs to match the investment in calls and internet wisdom.

If not for my car accident I know for fact I would have at least one, had 2 brush the blind I was in on either side and another brush the backpack I had left behind the blind about a foot or two away. They all came in front of me but I did not like the shot the first two offered but the third stood picture perfect for me for over a minute it seemed but because of the back and hip I could not get the front end of the gun up high enough for an ethical shot. Did not hunt much after that because of pain until doc found me meds that allow me to have parts of me back again about I think 4 years ago. I am sure I would have had others as well if I had not lost all that time.

Quote from: Ol timer on February 18, 2019, 07:22:28 AM
Lol are you still married?? Nice collection you acquired in 1 year, now which ones make the trip to hunt with.

Have a girlfriend of about 7 years. They will all make the trip out this year at one time or another.

Quote from: randy6471 on February 18, 2019, 07:02:38 AM
Very nice collection!!
Thank you.

Quote from: Harty on February 18, 2019, 06:45:16 AM
Great start on your collection sir-diealot. The "influence" has hit me as well, but it's appreciated as the advice has been solid!

Lot of good people here to learn from, I know you get some good ones from the makers here, they are good people too.

I unfortunately have the time. That said that is an average, some days I don't get on the computer.

Quote from: Pig on February 18, 2019, 06:10:20 AM
Nice collection Sir-diealot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Pig

Quote from: dejake on February 18, 2019, 06:08:31 AM
Only eleven pots?  You're not close to being done, lol.
Oh I am sure there will be more, have to lay low till after summer on my buying except when I go to Turkey Trot in July if all works out. Other kinds of calls I want to get as well like Trough Calls

Quote from: Bowguy on February 18, 2019, 03:34:48 AM

Yes they are, now if only I could convince the girlfriend and the dog of that!

John Koenig:

Gobble!

Quote from: Ranger on February 18, 2019, 07:35:22 AM

He'd give Chatterbox a run for his money in his prime.