turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bino harness for spring hunting

Started by skimerhorn, February 17, 2019, 07:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Anybody use a bino harness with there vest for Turkey hunting? I'm considering getting the new alps bino harness and taking off the box call holder. Think they will work with a vest, or will be to much?

MK M GOBL

No harness here, ditched the vest and went to a hip pack, I bought a pair Swarovski 10x30 SLC's and are compact enough to fit in the pack, can't say from turkey hunting but seemed my bino harness from bow hunting always seemed in the way...

MK M GOBL

LaLongbeard

I don't carry binos a lot but the vortex harness works pretty good for me.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Yoder409

Ditched the vest years ago in favor of a simple belt/waist  pack.    My Crooked Horn harness works just ducky.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Dtrkyman

Rick Young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

X2 for Rick young. Crooked horn is good too if you don't have heavy binoculars. That being said I find a harness a pain to use with a vest, so I just use the neck strap for turkey hunting. I do like a harness for deer hunting.

Mbhyman88

I use the crooked horn style while spring hunting with a vest and like my setup.  I have not used a harness like the alps one you talked about but I would think that might be a bit much with a vest.

tomstopper

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 17, 2019, 08:38:48 AM
I don't carry binos a lot but the vortex harness works pretty good for me.
Same here. Not bulky and lite weight.

Drycreek

Looking to try a horn hunter op x this year. I like the way the flap folds down out of the way instead of up and in your face.

albrubacker

I used the apls for the first time deer hunting the other evening. Not sure if I like it yet. I was previously just using my Muddy Harness bino clips.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

low2497

Another vote for the Rick Young Ultra-light. It's so simple but so effective. You barely even notice you are wearing it.

RND1983

mufishgrad

Alaska Guide Creations Cub MAX. Plenty of storage room and access.

mathews8pt

I always have my Alaska Guide Creations bino harness on when I'm in the woods.  I carry extra mouth calls, my face paint, a couple shells and a rangefinder along with my binos.  I've ditched the vest but will carry a small backpack when I'm doing longer ventures. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaGobbler

I bought the Alps Vantage Bino Harness at the NWTF convention over the weekend.  Fit me well and seems like it has room for the essentials when the run and gun is on.  It was $30 at the show, so I figured you couldn't go wrong at that price.  Has a box call holder, pot call and 2 striker holder and a couple of loops to put the diaphragm holders on the side.  If you are interested, you can call Alps directly and order one for $30 plus shipping this week only, per the rep at the show.