turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First time to NWTF convention

Started by time4turks, February 16, 2019, 09:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time4turks

Last November, I moved to Nashville. Yesterday I found out that the NWTF convention was going on at the Opryland hotel, so my wife and I headed over for the day. Let me say it was awesome, and it really fired me up for hitting the woods in a couple of months. But the best part was that I got to try out dozens of calls. There are a bunch of great call makers out there. The first booth I stopped at was David Halloran's, and the last stop of the day was also at Halloran's where I picked up a twisted sister and a couple of strikers. David and his wife were super informative and hospitable, and I am pretty sure there will be more Halloran calls in my vest soon.

Great show, great venue.

Vaturkeyhntr

Also my first time here in Nashville and the show lived up to the hype.  I snagged one of Hallorans new long boxes and restocked on some hooks and gooserbat mouth calls.  This will be a every year trip now.

Gobble!

Last year was my first trip and it is an awesome event.

Greg Massey

I attended Unicoi this year and Nashville NWTF... i have to say both were awesome .. Unicoi is really nice because you have everyone in large room and not as many people ... BUT... Nashville show is awesome also in it 's own way ... from over 2000 vendors this year you could see just about anything you wanted ... gun's , equipment , blinds , ammo, camo clothing , vest etc .... both were great in my opinion ....

tha bugman

It just keeps getting better every year!

ShootingABN!

Awesome I'd like to make it one year.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

VaGobbler

It's going to be even bigger next year.  The NWTF is moving the show to Thursday, Friday, Saturday next year, and in turn they get more floor space in the convention center, which means more vendors that have been on the wait list to get in will have the opportunity to get in.  It's gonna be great!!

Sir-diealot

I have never been to the national convention but I went to the state one here back in 98 and really enjoyed myself so I can only imagine how great the national is.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 19, 2019, 12:14:51 AM
I have never been to the national convention but I went to the state one here back in 98 and really enjoyed myself so I can only imagine how great the national is.
It was awesome , and everyone is so nice .....you will see about anything you want to see....

Gobble!

Quote from: VaGobbler on February 18, 2019, 11:00:45 PM
It's going to be even bigger next year.  The NWTF is moving the show to Thursday, Friday, Saturday next year, and in turn they get more floor space in the convention center, which means more vendors that have been on the wait list to get in will have the opportunity to get in.  It's gonna be great!!

Thats good to hear. Definitely need to put this on my calendar then.

Vaturkeyhntr

Reuped on my mouth calls and a new long box.  Also if you get a chance to snag the new mouth call out by Gooserbat do it!!!!  Great sounding call and easy to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk