turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody Seeing Birds?

Started by zelmo1, February 15, 2019, 01:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

The birds up here look healthy. Seeing them all over. Saw a small flock of 2 year olds, 10 of them, all in a row. Looks like a good season in Northern New England  :funnyturkey: :drool:

SD_smith

SD birds are still huddled up and building bonfires. My neighbor has about 100 of them on his back porch every morning trying to get out of the snow. Deck is covered in turkey crap.

2eagles

Saw a huge flock of possibly 50 birds inside the city limits of Waterloo Iowa this morning. We've been watching them most of the winter.

MK M GOBL

All yarded up here around the feed lot, cows don't mind them. See a few strutting here and there. We have some deep snow and cold, birds are flying from roost and back, pretty much not leaving, but that's not too unusual.

MK M GOBL

tomstopper

Here in NC I seen three long beards on the side of the highway the other day and then when I got to work I seen four hanging out on a pipeline. I can't wait for the season open

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 15, 2019, 01:37:15 PM
The birds up here look healthy. Seeing them all over. Saw a small flock of 2 year olds, 10 of them, all in a row. Looks like a good season in Northern New England  :funnyturkey: :drool:
Good to hear the cold weather hasn't hurt the population. We will be hunting NewHampshire for the first time this  Spring, maybe we can help thin em out a little
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

guesswho

Been seeing more lately than I've seen in several years around here.   Even seeing them in some old places where I haven't seen them in several seasons.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bowguy

I'd been seeing them a bit but it's not near great yet. Very hit or miss

longspur

Far as I can tell there are no birds in northeast Ga. LOL. Harvest record was up a bit on some of our WMAs last year. Maybe that's a good sign it's getting better. I know some private property where they have corn all year never had a drop in population. Coyotes everywhere so I don't buy the bit about yotes being the problem.

Kylongspur88

Counted over a dozen longbeards and saw 3 big flocks of hens/Jenny's while driving in east KY today.

Harty

Here in eastern wisconsin birds are in winter flocks roosting close to corn cribs and where snow has been packed down and manure spread

zelmo1

Saw 12 Toms in single file and the last one was limping . Saw 2 more behemoths with 20 hens. Season looks promising

Turkeytider

No lack of reports from central and eastern Georgia of people seeing good numbers of birds. Do think, though, that all the corn bait for deer may have them concentrated in areas. Once that subsides, they`ll probably spread out through the Spring in more " normal " distributions.

Yoder409

Called my brother morning, early.   He just happened to be sitting along the road looking back in some woods at about a dozen birds....... 2 strutters.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Brother texted me this AM........ One of the breakfast gang saw a flock of about 40 in a field on his way to the restaurant........ 8 longbeards, all in full strut.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.