turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tulip strikers....coming soon!

Started by JLH, February 13, 2019, 09:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

Just picked up a beautiful piece of tulip....should have some strikers turned by the weekend.

I know at least 5 are already sold...should get 15 out of this board.

Also got red river gun, hormigo, and katalox!

outdoors

Please put me in for one  , tulipwood  striker
THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Gobbler2577

PM'd you.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

Sx4

Caspar

JLH

Ok....just to clarify...I got 10 striker blanks out of that board.....it had a big check in the middle between the sapwood and heartwood...(1/4 of that board is firewood!)

Pretty sure all are spoken for....may have 1 left.

But....I do have a big board of Cumaru, plenty of Macassar, African Blackwood, katalox, black and white ebony... and lots of other cool stuff.

I buy all my blanks based on their numbers, density and hardness....and I have a few that I've never seen anyone make a striker out of...so I cover a wide range!

Thanks!
Jeff

Spitten and drummen

You are turning out fantastic strikers. I tell you guys , you want to try a new striker , do yourself a favor and try a few of Jeff's. I have a ton of strikers and his rank right up there. Well balanced and nice weight. They are very consistant.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

JLH

Thanks Jody......your check is in the mail....lol

In all seriousness, thank you!  To get accolades from experienced hunters and callers is just humbling, to say the least.

Spitten and drummen

Hahaha. Everyone thats been around here a while that knows me and talked with me on a personal basis knows how picky I am with calls and such. They will tell you that I will give an honest opinion. Some may not agree with me on some things but that is ok. I dont bash on the public forum but I will give credit where credit is due. Now rewrite that check for more money lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Turkeytider

I`m beginning to think tulipwood would be a serious contender for best all around striker wood. Boy does it have a nice sound in my Fowler striker on a crystal.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JLH

I have a nice 2 piece tulipwood on sale!

The list got shortend.... :(

JLH

All the tulip strikers are shipped.

If anyone does not like them for any reason, I'll gladly buy them back!

Turkeyshooter3