turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

****Gooserbat Game Calls****

Started by MO HUNTER, February 09, 2019, 03:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO HUNTER

Well....first time poster, long time stalker here... The family and I made a trip to Springfield MO this weekend to attend the Outdoor show, hoping to find some custom pot calls. I felt like a little school girl when I came across the Gooserbat booth. I came up to the booth and got a lesson in wood, sticking surfaces, and strikers! Sam is a heck of a guy, talked with me like he had known me for years. I walked out with 2 pots, a few strikers, and a little gift for my son! Sam...thank you for signing my calls and being an awesome individual! Glad to know you dont live that far from me, we might have to hook up for some thunder chicken kickin'! Cant wait to run these calls.

outdoors

I haven't met him   , but I received one of his clearance  pot call  cant beat it for $30. Glass  / glass sounds really good .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

MO HUNTER

Probably one of the best sounds I have heard from a call! I ended up with a glass and aluminum. I had such a good experience dealing with him! I have spread the word on his calls to some buddies, hope he gets some biz from them. The price was right!!!!

buzzardroost

I don't know why they don't get a lot more attention on here. Excellent calls for killing turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO HUNTER

I will be able to test them out this spring and I am super jazzed!

SoIncallcollector

I bought one of his aluminum calls he had in the $20 sale on here and it's the best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time! Sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MO HUNTER

I conditioned the glass call last night, and ran it against some of my others.  I am thoroughly pleased!  The aluminum I bought sounds excellent too.  They both have that turkey sound we look for. 

LRD

I have a High Standard glass that sounds really good.

tnanh

I bought a crystal over aluminum this past weekend. Very nice sound and easy to play and he does seem to be a very nice guy. Prices are very fair.

WNCTracker

He's a great guy. A couple years ago I was posting about the face camo fogging glasses dilemma. He asked for my address and a few days later he had sent me a bunker-head face mask for glasses wearers great guy. Last year I killed nearly all my birds using his diaphragm calls.

valerio024

Quote from: SoIncallcollector on February 10, 2019, 10:43:41 PM
I bought one of his aluminum calls he had in the $20 sale on here and it's the best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time! Sounds great.

I bought one of those two. He said they were "pre-conditioned". Do you know what he means by that?

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: valerio024 on February 19, 2019, 09:17:50 PM

I bought one of those two. He said they were "pre-conditioned". Do you know what he means by that?

You dont need to rough the surface up with anything like a stone or sandpaper. Just keep it clean and maybe wipe it off occasionally with a piece of scotch brite to keep it sounding good.

valerio024

Quote from: SoIncallcollector on February 19, 2019, 10:28:41 PM
Quote from: valerio024 on February 19, 2019, 09:17:50 PM

You dont need to rough the surface up with anything like a stone or sandpaper. Just keep it clean and maybe wipe it off occasionally with a piece of scotch brite to keep it sounding good.

Thanks!

MO HUNTER

Yup! One of the ones I got was pre conditioned...it didnt require any roughing on the surface. It sounds great.