turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Walmart situation

Started by zelmo1, February 09, 2019, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I just went to Walmart. I always check their ammo as I do a lot of trap and sporting clays. There was a young man restacking the display. I asked what the price was on the Winchester AA gray super handicaps. He found a tag in the pile and scanned it. It came up 3.99 per box. I try to be a good person and said that I thought he may have grabbed the wrong tag. His response was, " I can read, SIR". It was very smart assy. I responded with, " OK, fill up the cart" I got 9 cases for $360 bucks. I actually felt guilty after I got home. I let my emotions make me do something I think was wrong. What are your thoughts. I know Walmart won't go broke, but did I just sell out?

LaLongbeard

Well, the employee was wrong, but you were not buying the shells from him. Wallmart is the one that got took. The employee doesn't know or care.
No chance Wall mart will even notice the loss of $$. I have accidentally not scanned items in my buggy at the self checkout and noticed when I got to the truck. Even though it may have been only a dollar or two item I still went back in and paid for it. And yes the Wallmart employee looked at me like I was crazy for comming back to pay, but it would be stealing otherwise, and I hate a thief.
I also firmly believe when you do steal you will loose several times over the value of what you've stolen. I've seen it happen more than once to people I work with that Bragg about getting over on someone, it never fails something happens and they loose more than they gained by the thievery.
I'd go back to wallmart explain it to a manager and possibly they may say don't worry about it then you'll have a clear conscience and the deal on the shells

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

va_jon

Personally I wouldn't have done it. Sounds like the guy needs his job. I hope he doesn't get fired.

As a side note I bought 12 gallon pots from lowes. The lady only rang up half. I didn't realize until I went to the truck and looked at it closer. I walked back in and paid for the other 6. I slept better.

RutnNStrutn

Walmart should train their employees better, not only in proper price marking but also in proper customer service. You have nothing to feel bad about.  :icon_thumright:

Spurs Up

Would you return to the store if you discovered he had overcharged you???

guesswho

You want to get stupid after I try to do right, b
I'll get stupid right there with you.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

wernerjd

Quote from: guesswho on February 09, 2019, 03:03:58 PM
You want to get stupid after I try to do right, b
I'll get stupid right there with you.

X2

zelmo1

Just got back from Walmart, my conscience got to me. I explained it to the manager and that I would return the ammo. He was cool, he said that the price I paid was authorized by the employee who was his representative. I told him that I couldn't be responsible for someone getting fired and he actually shook my hand. He said the employee has an attitude problem, but wasn't getting fired. I offered again to make it right and he said, " It's all good"  I feel better and he gave me the deal. I would have missed every dam bird with those shells if I didn't go back. Thanks for your input, but I already knew what to do. Dam that good role model, lol. Shoot straight ????????????

RutnNStrutn

That's the thing, in almost every situation a store honors the price, even if it was mislabeled or you were quoted the wrong price by the employee. Especially after the employee copped a tude and got lippy with you, I'd have walked away with my ammo and not felt bad about it at all. You're a good man Zelmo.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 09, 2019, 04:23:45 PM
Just got back from Walmart, my conscience got to me. I explained it to the manager and that I would return the ammo. He was cool, he said that the price I paid was authorized by the employee who was his representative. I told him that I couldn't be responsible for someone getting fired and he actually shook my hand. He said the employee has an attitude problem, but wasn't getting fired. I offered again to make it right and he said, " It's all good"  I feel better and he gave me the deal. I would have missed every dam bird with those shells if I didn't go back. Thanks for your input, but I already knew what to do. Dam that good role model, lol. Shoot straight ????????????
Imo that says alot about you...Sometimes I feel my conscience is a curse,but in all reality I wouldnt want it any other way. You have to be able to live with yourself and I commend you sir.. :icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

I see and understand it both ways , but i glad you tried to make it right ...you made a good decision ....

Gobble!

What do these normally go for?

Premier Turkey Calls

We need more people in this world like you Zelmo. Choice well made. :icon_thumright:

eggshell

You done an honorable thing for sure and most of all it cleared your conscience. If your guilty in your own mind your guilty. As for if it was wrong, no it was not. I worked at a retail big box store part time as a supplement to my retirement for 5 years. The manager had to honor the price. He is right, an employee represents the company and if he quotes you a price that is legally your price. The issue then is between the store and employee. I had authority to change price on many items if it was a priority move and we needed the stock to clear space. We had an on old saying, there is the price and then there is the make it disappear price. We many times sold stuff at a loss to "make it disappear". Most times employees tip friends and family to these deals and the public never sees it. I got lucky and got the "make it disappear price". I once bought a whole outbuilding for $50.00. So ease your mind and if it happens again buy with a clear conscience.

zelmo1

Thanks guys, I am selfish, I went back for me. My soul is in tact, that's all I can take with me when I leave this rock. The shells are usually 9.49. They sometimes do a throwback to 7.49 so I check every time I go there.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an