turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Identify Choke Tube

Started by Rdmiller380, February 08, 2019, 08:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rdmiller380

I bought a used Mossberg 835 about 12 years ago and it had this choke. (See attachment, if I attached correctly) I have no idea what brand choke tube this is or what constriction. There is no writing or etching anywhere on the tube.

I have not shot the tube very much. I first bought a Primos TightWad, then a Primos JellyHead and now I am shooting a Hevi-Shot Tube .676 with 3" # 5 Long Beard Mag.

Any Ides?

Thanks in Advance!!

turkey_slayer

davisd9

Looks like the golden standard of Mossberg Accu-Mag chokes to me, the Star Dot .676.  It shoots lead and hevi better than almost any other choke and truly shined in the 835s.  Love mine.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ericjames

What they said. Either stardot or the colonial arms version of it.

Happy

I have one. It's a star-dot. Still using it to this day.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

the Ward

Quote from: ericjames on February 08, 2019, 09:00:08 AM
What they said. Either stardot or the colonial arms version of it.
There was a member here awhile back that did a pretty in-depth investigation on the differences between them. It was like csi o.g. lol! Pretty interesting discussion, i think it went like 5 or 6 pages.

Deputy 14

I'm just curious how many people have messaged you trying to buy it.

trkehunr93

Looks like a star dot to me.  Keep it, they love lead and hevi 13 7's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdmiller380

Thanks for all the replies! I have not had much luck with this tube. I think I need to pattern more and try it with different lead loads.

Thanks
Robbie

LRD

As others have said, it looks like a star dot to me.  I have one in my 12 gauge 870.  It always shot really good with lead.

ericjames

Quote from: LRD on February 08, 2019, 10:03:35 PM
As others have said, it looks like a star dot to me.  I have one in my 12 gauge 870.  It always shot really good with lead.

My 20" 835 liked the ssx the best with just about anything I tried in it.

coyote1

Looks like an original Star dot to me also. The newer model had vertical lined knurling on the end. That tube should throw great hunting patterns.

owlhoot

Looks like a stardot , diamond knurled end