North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where ya'll heading

Started by dirt road ninja, February 06, 2019, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Where is everyone going this year??

I'll start in MS on March 8th youth hunting with my son. It is his last year being able to do so in MS. The following Friday, I'll be back at it for 3 days. On March 20th I'll be hunting with  El Captain in SC for a few days. Past that it's looking TX again, been a few years since my last trip to the Lone Star state, a friend has a huge lease there full of birds. Last trip there was great. Georgia or KS is going to happen, just not sure which one. Been to KS a few times and like the idea of hunting GA, I've never hunted there. Bama and LA are also possible if MS ends early, but after last year it will probably be tough sledding there again.

trkehunr93

Just VA this year, west of the Mississippi may be on the slate for 2020.  Will just have to see.

Bowguy

BennieGobbler

Virginia and Possibly West VA....Very interested in a trip out west with my father!  Good Luck!!
Print by Madison, on Flickr

davisd9

Not sure, young kids sometimes throws a wrench into plans and I am ok with that.  Really going to try and make MS.  Past that if the right opportunity falls into place then I will try to make it happen.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Quote from: davisd9 on February 07, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
Not sure, young kids sometimes throws a wrench into plans and I am ok with that.  Really going to try and make MS.  Past that if the right opportunity falls into place then I will try to make it happen.

Older kids do the same thing. They are just less cute.

Terry

Just NY and PA. I'd love to give Ohio a try too, who knows when that'll happen.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

jryser

Looks like so far: Florida, then Kentucky. Then filming Indiana youth season for The Hunting Public. Then Iowa WITH The Hunting Public, my favorite hunt of the year, Then Indiana for a final tag - I hope! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungbuckTX

I may leave SC for a quick hunt in Florida. I am trying to find a place to hunt in TX also this Spring
line 'em up

WNY Bowhunter

New York and it's looking like I'm headed back to KY this spring too.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

USMC0331

SC, GEORGIA, KANSAS AND OKLAHOMA.

dirt road ninja

Where abouts OK are ya heading too?

Turkeykiller12

Georgia

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

Same old spots as last year here in southern MO. Been kind of hectic lately and not sure what this spring will hold. I had planned to scout some new areas but my time is pretty limited as of late.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer