OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wife's first turkey...FINALLY!!!

Started by jdkelly12, April 27, 2011, 09:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdkelly12

Saturday, we had a turkey come in, but he got to his stopping point, which was about 65 yards out and wouldn't come any closer. We sat there and watched him strutting and gobbling as if he was sticking his tongue out at us for about 30 minutes. He eventually walked off never to be seen or heard again. Sunday morning we went to the same exact spot to try him out again. He didn't gobble as much that morning as he did Saturday (maybe 5-6 times on the roost) and didn't say a word after he hit the ground. We sat there and sat there with no response. About the time she was getting restless and ready to get up and go, I saw him coming down the road all blown up straight to us. He passed the point where he hung up the morning before and was coming in on the string. When he got to about 30 yards out I yelped at him again to stop him and get him to stop strutting...she blasted him right there. The turkey had a 12 in. rope and sported 1 1/4" spurs...heck of a first bird! I'm probably prouder of this bird than any other bird I've killed.

drenalinld

That's a great bird! Have you ever seen a bigger smile? Congratulations to you both.

mnturkey

Fine bird and that smile must have been seen fo miles.
Congratulations to her.
SEMPER FI

mmusso

TRKYHTR

Great hunt and great pictures. She seems very happy. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

Congratulations ,great bird and sounds like a wonderful hunt
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Congrats to the both of you. Well done, young lady..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

heathwesley

That is awesome man!  I swear there is nothing better than taking someone out and helping them get their first turkey.  Every year I try to take out someone new.  Tomorrow I am taking my wife out for the first time when she has a tag and will be the shooter.  She is gonna shoot a little single shot .20 gauge I have had since I was a kid. Congratulations on a great first bird!

Spellnj3

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Basser69

Congrats on a GREAT first bird!!!  :you_rock:

njdevilsb

Congrats to you both.  That's a great bird.

bowhunter84

congrats on a great bird!   that smile makes it all worth while :icon_thumright:

Ky strutt n bust n

congrats chick! very nice bird. pretty tail fan. way to go to you both!

barry

That is one beautiful bird, doesn't appear to be a feather out of place.
Congrats to your wife!
Tell her not smile in the woods, every turkey in the woods would see her :)

doepee

Great pic , and a VERY nice bird... heck of a beard :icon_thumright: