OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TN WMA's

Started by Jrkimbrough, January 31, 2019, 03:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrkimbrough

I will be hunting north of Nashville with a family friend mid season on private land.  Since I will already have my out of state license I'm thinking of hitting up a WMA the last weekend or two of TN season to extend my season just a little more after MS season closes.

I've looked over the harvest results and below are a few other WMA's that I'm looking at....

Dry Creek, White Oak, Eagle Creek, Yanahli or Natchez Trace WMA's...

If anyone has any experience they are willing to share please feel free to PM me.  I'm not looking for a pin drop but just maybe some past experiences with any of the WMa's listed or just experience on how the birds are normally acting that late in the season.  Once I hunt this year in TN I will probably be moving onto another state that I haven't hunted next year so you can trust that I will not be posting up on any of these WMA's for years to come.  Looking like FL and AL maybe on the agenda for 2020.  :turkey2:

Thanks for reading!

turkeyfoot

One thing for sure it takes lot hunters for high harvest numbers sometime you mentioned gets slammed with pressure I like to look for a medium between acres and harvest

FL-Boss

I noticed over the years it always the same answer anytime someone asks about public land: too much pressure, too many people, etc, etc.  Count your blessing if you have access to private land, because public will only worse each year.