turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Omaha Indian Reservation

Started by ditchdigger, January 30, 2019, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ditchdigger

Have a trip planned in mid April to hunt the Omaha Indian Reservation in East Nebraska. Anyone here have any experience there or any information that might help out?

ditchdigger

husker

I live in Omaha which is about 45 minutes south of the reservation.  I've never hunted on the reservation but there are plenty of birds in the area.  I know they have their own rules/regs. 

ditchdigger

Quote from: husker on January 31, 2019, 09:15:22 PM
I live in Omaha which is about 45 minutes south of the reservation.  I've never hunted on the reservation but there are plenty of birds in the area.  I know they have their own rules/regs.

Thanks for the reply. We already have our applications in and have spoken with the wildlife manager there, but we were also looking for some unbiased opinions.

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: ditchdigger on January 31, 2019, 06:23:20 PM
Anyone?

Ditchdigger, I see from this post you were getting a little frustrated with no responses. So I clicked out to look how many people have looked at this post and not many responses. It said 174 people checked out this post and only one response, not bad hope you got some privat email also. I looked at your post also, not because I had something to add, just because out of something to do. And who knows maybe some day go there if there is a lot of free information and it might seem good. Thats why when asking for information ask if it to be sent to you in a PM also. Sometime that can make a difference in someone sharing some strong information or not. Because information stay on the internet forever for people to check back, long after you hunted there and gone. My first DIY trip I made to florida public land was in 2009. So for a few years before that, I read every post and every bit of information on that particular WMA I could from the internet and where ever. Right now I won't  say the name of the WMA because that flages that WMA as being maybe better then the next. The reason for this long story is, I too had asked for information back then about a WMA. I asked if the camp ground got filled up right away, and I to had 174 people check it out, and not a single response back. So two days later I go back on the web and say. What the neck no one can tell me if the camp ground gets full, I am asking a simple question, not for your honey hole. WOW, I got information then, more of every thing then could be expected. Now to this day I can laugh about it all, but that first year I was as afraid of someone feeding me to the gators as coming into contact with one my self. This spring I will be going to florida again, and now I camp with them great guys. So remember the internet is forever, and ask for PM's. Better yet just figure out who all lives in that state from the membership list and send them PM your self. I have done that myself and have gotten information request from other members. And you then can give that person what ever information you want. And it isn't out there forevery for the person not willing to do a little extra work to get it.

ditchdigger

Thanks for the reply DD and, in fact, I have been contacted by a great guy through PM who has been there. We have spoken and he possesses the exact info I was trying to find. This "out of state" hunting stuff is new to me so, like you back then, i am just trying to gather all the info I can.