turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 trigger springs

Started by quackaddict, January 29, 2019, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quackaddict

Looking to try either an Mcarbo spring or the Remington competition trap spring. Does anyone have any input for one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

USMC0331

Use the Mcarbo in Remington and Mossberg. Big improvement over factory and easy to install.

LaLongbeard

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

quackaddict

Quote from: LaLongbeard on January 29, 2019, 11:14:25 PM
Timney sear and Spring

No thanks. I'm sure they're an amazing trigger, but $12 or less is way better than $100.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Jeremy66

I just put a timney trigger in mine.  The lighter springs are nice but shortening the trigger pull is the real advantage to me.  If you can swing the price you wont regret it.  Otherwise, like others have said the mcarbo spring will work.

Gobble!

Quote from: Jeremy66 on January 30, 2019, 08:32:52 AM
I just put a timney trigger in mine.  The lighter springs are nice but shortening the trigger pull is the real advantage to me.  If you can swing the price you wont regret it.  Otherwise, like others have said the mcarbo spring will work.

x2

LaLongbeard

Quote from: quackaddict on January 29, 2019, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on January 29, 2019, 11:14:25 PM
Timney sear and Spring

No thanks. I'm sure they're an amazing trigger, but $12 or less is way better than $100.

To each his own. You can get them on EBay for 80$ with free shipping. Like the saying goes "You  get what you paid for"

tnanh

I have used the Patriot or Mcarbo in all of my 870s and my sons. I like both and either one makes a noticeable improvement. Takes about two minutes to install either.

Deputy 14

Don't use the spring out of an ink pen lol. They're a touch on the side of too light. Don't ask me how I know this.

Greg Massey

Just buy the spring , you don't need that 80 - 100 trigger ....

Gobble!

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 30, 2019, 07:06:13 PM

Need no, but is eliminating that creep awesome, hell yes it is. Best mod I've made to my 870.

LaLongbeard

Spurs Up

Quote from: Gobble! on January 30, 2019, 07:32:06 PM

Need no, but is eliminating that creep awesome, hell yes it is. Best mod I've made to my 870.

Agreed. I went the cheap route initially. Only modest improvement in trigger pull weight and none in creep, travel and crispness. Timney kit is the way to go.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Spurs Up on January 30, 2019, 07:59:40 PM

Agreed. I went the cheap route initially. Only modest improvement in trigger pull weight and none in creep, travel and crispness. Timney kit is the way to go.
I have done two Timney trigger kits, one on an 870 and the other on an 11-87, and wouldn't go back on either one. If your sear is a good one and all you want is a lighter pull, then the spring kits are all you need. But for both my guns, the sears were more of a problem than the pull.  Going to a lighter spring only makes that creep more obvious. The Timney sears were a big improvement.  Nice crisp breaks at 3.5 to 4 lbs.

Greg Massey

You must of got a bad 870 mine didn't have all that creep....If i had bought one with that much creep i would of took it back ....