OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How snakeproof are rubber/neoprene boots?

Started by SD_smith, January 28, 2019, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upfold99

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PSEoutlaw07

Take a sewing needle and if you can poke a hole through it with the needle they are not snake proof

wchadw

Quote from: Ranger on January 28, 2019, 08:42:11 PM
Not sure what forum it was on but I recall a few years ago someone posted they were bitten wearing green Lacrosse boots by a rattlesnake I believe. Said it went through like a hot knife through butter. His words, not mine. Also think the teatment was somewhere around $90K, mentioned in same thread

yikes.  i have the lacross alpha "snake proof".  they are stiff on the sides something other than just rubber.  never tested them out.

cutt down

Just a thought but it would depend on the type of snake. I was hit by a copperhead on my Muck Woody Armour boots & I felt it but it wasn't a hard hit. I'm sure a bigger, stronger snake like a cotton mouth or a rattler would go right through a pair of neos or rubber. The stronger snakes hit pretty hard from what I've been told. I wear the Lacrosse aero elite snake boots now & love them!

Yoder409

Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on January 29, 2019, 03:35:23 PM
Take a sewing needle and if you can poke a hole through it with the needle they are not snake proof

Not sure that is a good test.  Fangs are curved and don't hit 90 degrees to the struck surface like running a needle straight in.  I've had cactus jab me a couple times through quality snake boots. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Brad_Colvin

If I get bit through a pair of "snake" boots and live through the experience I may have a leg to stand on in court. I will sue the manufacturer at least for medical expenses and loss of income because their product didn't perform as advertised. If I get bit through a pair of regular boots rubber or leather I'm on my own. A snake bite even if not lethal can financially ruin most regular folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 29, 2019, 07:04:15 PM
Quote from: PSEoutlaw07 on January 29, 2019, 03:35:23 PM

Not sure that is a good test.  Fangs are curved and don't hit 90 degrees to the struck surface like running a needle straight in.  I've had cactus jab me a couple times through quality snake boots.

i had mine in my truck and i took a push pin out of a cork board at work and i had to jab it pretty hard but it goes thru the Lacross Burly Apha snake proof.  i am just going to keep my eyes pealed while walking around.