OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How important is your camo  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Zzhari

• Love Forever
How important is your camo
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:36:43 AM »
Do you use / used?

This is one item that I fined, I am picky. After hunting in different places with different temperatures and the way I hunt and work with birds, the correct mask is very important for my hunting items. I like the 3/4 bandito, because I can put this mask around my neck when I move to reduce heat, and quickly pull it on the almost unexpected Gobble.

I see different types that hunters use here http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-camo-mask/, and I always wonder why other hunters like what they got.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:26:23 AM by Zzhari »

Offline randy6471

Re: How important is your camo
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
  I am very picky when it comes to my gear and I have also used a 3/4 bandito for 20+ years. I’ve tried several other brands/styles, but I always go back to the bandito for the same reasons that you stated. My only complaint is that QB has shortened the length of them over the years...I assume to save money, but I still always carry a couple in my vest.

What’s really funny is that there have been several times over the years when I have been out with other hunters who have either lost or forgotten their mask, so I let them borrow my spare....and they never give it back. Lol!

Offline Clydetaylor1

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:53:45 PM »
Like the 3/4 mark too.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:37:39 PM »
As I wear glasses I use a full net attached to a short brimmed baseball cap. Easy to see through, does not steam my glasses and is very comfortable. I bought two from bass pro in Illinois.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:27:32 AM »
I bought these in the camo versions because 5/$15 is a good price and then if I lose one I don't feel so bad. Very versatile too if you look up all of there uses.

https://safishing.com/shop/5-pack-face-shields-ig7/?gclid=CjwKCAiAiJPkBRAuEiwAEDXZZX4KZqTZhhozLFJxdDTt-lhXbS3W8LqT463lYYigl9xPUqrpodAecRoCGI8QAvD_BwE#configuration

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:31 PM »
I bought a loose fit Nomad this year and really like it.

Banded makes one and I like it as well...here is my review of that one that I made last year.

https://youtu.be/_DZ2H6dFirk

Online Lcmacd 58

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Shoot 'em close
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 05:31:00 PM »
I've went to the new Sitka turkey stuff. The top has a hood and facemask built in and its bug repellent.  And yes I also spray my clothes every day with permethrin....1 does of lyme disease is all I wanted.