turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Slate? Budget is $65.

Started by Buckman18, January 26, 2019, 09:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckman18

My birthday is coming up, and I'm missing a quality slate. Which one should I instruct my wife to buy for $65 or less?

MDTOM84

Paul Hicks Jr aka "Daddy Rat" on here

Roost 1

Greg Massey

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 26, 2019, 09:28:24 PM
Nathan Taylor, Mark Cornelius and Chris Brumfiel

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: MDTOM84 on January 26, 2019, 09:28:24 PM
Killed a nice one first time out using one of his Walnut green slates..

BBURN

David Halloran makes a couple of nice slate calls in that range. One is a basic cherry slate and the other a zebrawood laminate slate.

Dukejb

Since your located in North Georgia, I would highly recommend Lonnie Mabry. My walnut and cedar slates from him are both fantastic. He doesn't ship calls, but his pots are well within your budget ($35) and worth the time to drive to his shop to buy. He's located just north of Canton in Waleska. If you're interested in his contact info, I'll PM it to you.

chuckward

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Dukejb on January 26, 2019, 10:16:05 PM
Since your located in North Georgia, I would highly recommend Lonnie Mabry. My walnut and cedar slates from him are both fantastic. He doesn't ship calls, but his pots are well within your budget ($35) and worth the time to drive to his shop to buy. He's located just north of Canton in Waleska. If you're interested in his contact info, I'll PM it to you.
2nd this if you are close to him and can make the trip. My cedar slate is the best slate I own. Really love my paul durham slate in osage also. Really good guy as well. It was right at $65 and well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Buckman18

Yes, please do! I can go to Waleska. Thank you!

Chris O

A lot of good slates out there Misfire, Yingling,Brumfiel,Daddy Rat. I am sure I forgot some but another great one for a little more money is Scott Hock.

turkeyfoot

Won't go wrong with that hollaren slate I'm a fan

Gooserbat

My new High Standard Slate is awesome.  Just no one has it yet as I just released it thursday. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Whatever you decide don't forget that you forgot my birthday that was on the 11th :P
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

I agree. Stop at Billy's also and make one super memorable day that most of us would be envious of. Lol..