OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Single shot with rail?

Started by buzzardroost, January 25, 2019, 11:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Is there a readily available single shot 20 gauge compact shotgun with a rail already on it or already drilled/tapped? I can't find a CVA scout turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputy 14

I bought an H&R 20 years ago that had a rail on it, not sure if they still put them on though.

Yoder409

I bought H&R's and NEF's and had rails PUT on em.   They were not D&T.  But it's not an expensive process.  I believe it's a Marlin 336 rail (could be wrong) that does the trick on our single 20's.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: buzzardroost on January 25, 2019, 11:31:19 PM
Is there a readily available single shot 20 gauge compact shotgun with a rail already on it or already drilled/tapped? I can't find a CVA scout turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only ones I know of out is the Savage 301 410 and maybe the TC.

ozarktroutbum

I have an h&r single shot turkey gun. It's a few years old as they're no longer being made. Plain barrel, just a bead when I bought it. I wanted a rail but couldn't justify the cost to have it drilled and tapped relative to what I paid for it. Also, a gunsmith told me it would be tough to do it since the barrel is so thin. What I did was put a two piece Williams ghost sight on there with jb weld. Removed the bluing and cleaned it up real good before I glued it. Have killed quite a few turkeys with it in the last few years. Seems like it won't budge anytime soon. Fingers crossed