turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need advice on new boots!

Started by Fl strutter, January 20, 2019, 09:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I bought a nice pair of Under Armour Boots for deer season this year I really like them alot. There light weight and water proof and realtree extra camo I think I paid like $100 for them off of eBay

nyhunter

Lacrosse alphaburly Pro's..... I have the same problem with my feet sweating as you do, The Lacrosse has a strap on the back of the boot that i leave loose and my feet breath much better and don't sweat nearly as bad. I hate the Much boots because there very tight at the top and my feet can't breath so they sweat terrible in them.

ezmorningrebel

my answer for everything involving wet and cold are lacrosse alphaburleys. think mine are the 800g and that's plenty.  when it warms up i'm switching to la grange unless i have a ton of hiking to do and then it's non hunting specific hiking boots (lowa, salomon, etc.)

Bowguy

My feet sweat pretty bad too. I normally use bean boots cause of that. The leather breathes better. This year was real wet. I bought some muck boots. Think they were mid weight. Nothing fancy. I used them into Nov for deer and still use em small gaming. I actually don't seem to sweat bad in em at all.
The anti perspirant on feet trick I also heard is real good from guys that do it

Swather

Have you seen the Pac boots from Hoffman Boots and Schnee's?

They have an airbob vibram type sole on them and are rebuildable.  The soles on most rubber boots do not work for my feet, they do not have the rigid support and structure.  I have friends that wear the Alpha Burly boots and they have dry feet on the cheap, but they do not work for me.

There is a prescription product named Formadon that is a formaldehyde based product that you can get to reduce foot sweat and keep them dry.  It is cheaper to try spray on Rightguard etc. first.

http://www.gordonlabs.net/index_files/formadon.html

bbcoach

Go to the Lacrosse boots website.  Select the SALE items at the top of the page and check out the items that are half the original prices.  Free shipping both ways in case you have to return.

cracker4112

My go to boots are a pair of Muck Wetlands and a pair of Irish Setter Wingshooters. I love the Irish Setters, they are warm enough but not too hot, dry and comfortable, and you can walk miles in them. They are the boots I try to wear if its hot and I know I'm not going to have to wade deeper water. The Mucks I have you can walk for miles in and they are comfortable, but they get hot over about 70*. I hunt mostly in Florida and I love them for the cold but I only wear them when its hot if I know I'm going to need them in deeper water...

Notsoyoungturk

Irish setter VAPRTREK.  Waterproof, snake proof, scent control and comfortable.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Fl strutter on January 20, 2019, 09:52:25 AM
Any suggestions are appreciated i really cant spend a fortune.

I guess a fortune is a relative term, but I have Meindl boots and are great pair of hunting boots, I'll add a pair of hunt weight SmartWool socks and I'm good for WI's cold weather hunts.

MK M GOBL

OJR

I found some Kamik boots on Amazon and decided to give them a try. I'm a boot junkie and have tried everything you can imagine and currently have probably over 20 serviceable pair. The Kamik's are the some of the most comfortable, best fitting and well made I have ever owned. I believe they began making Pac Boots years ago and recently started making other types. Iv'e had them a year now and they are my go to pair for everything, Deer, Turkey, ATV riding, you name it. Here's a link to check them out.

https://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Trailman-Hunting-Shoes-Realtree/dp/B0198WL8WO/ref=asc_df_B0198WL8WO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312728939727&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9251508532521711917&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012991&hvtargid=pla-570032621759&psc=1

beakbuster10

If you're going to cover a lot of miles, I'd suggest the Solomon quest 4d GTX. Sweating is why your feet freeze. Rubber doesn't let them breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quackaddict

Make sure you get some good wool socks. Cotton socks don't wick and just get soggy. Wool will wick the moisture away from your feet and keep them drier. I really like Cabela's Ultimate and Ultimax socks. They're definitely worth the money.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Jrkimbrough

I wear a pair of Keen Gypsums early season then use some snake proof Muck boots later in the season

ezmorningrebel

Quote from: beakbuster10 on February 07, 2019, 11:42:40 AM
If you're going to cover a lot of miles, I'd suggest the Solomon quest 4d GTX. Sweating is why your feet freeze. Rubber doesn't let them breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got a pair of these for christmas. great boots.

g8rvet

I second (or fifth) the Mucks.  I live just to your North, but we heat up by midseason.  Heavy wool when it is cold and I wear diabetic merino wool light weight (used to get them at bass pro, but they discontinued - I will try some from somewhere else when I wear these out).   Wool is natural antibacterial and lets your feet breath-it is the key for not sweating up a storm when walking - cotton does not wick.  Another feature of the muck style, is that you can pull them down.  I wear them that way on the way to and from the woods.  Pull them up if getting to wet spots (even the dew soaks my legs, so I almost always pull them up before heading out).  I had a pair of Browning neoprenes I got on sale years ago, but finally wore them out (for water proof).  Bought mucks and have been very happy.  No insulation needed in Florida for turkey hunting.

I have some insulated Bogs that I wear in the cold months and have worn them in 11 degree weather in Canada in the snow in complete comfort.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.