turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2019 Spring plans

Started by LaLongbeard, December 09, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfool

Just moved to Maryland last year so trying to figure the east coast out.

My plans are:

Nebraska early archery season
Virginia for their opener
Maryland for the opener
PA opener
NY opener

In that order-I've gotten a lot of no's but I've had some luck knocking on doors and ask for permission. Find it more fun that way

Drycreek

Only hunt  my home state of MS but would love to take my son on a out of state hunt soon.

J.D. Shellnut

Louisiana, Texas and hopefully Tennessee.
60% of the time it works every time!

lowcountry

SC except for the last weekend of March when I will be in Texas.

Dukejb

I will probably only hunt in Colorado this year. A good friend of mine who has never turkey hunted asked me to take him. I'll also try to get my dad into his first turkey. I'm hoping to have all of this done in time to fish the Mothers Day Caddis hatch on the Arkansas River, but that may be a bit optimistic.

tomstopper

NC, OH and then possibly NY if time permits.

patoad

A couple out of state hunts for me this year, Florida in March, NC in April, PA (home state) and hopefully OH in May...

Uncle Nicky

This spring- GA, TN, NC, NJ, PA. Not as many states as I turkey hunt in the fall, but only so many vacation days...

Drthorn

just hoping to tag out here in KY

Upfold99

North Florida for me. Then planning Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

notsure

SE MN and North Central WI.

SD_smith

Homestate SD, ND, MT, KS. Maybe NE depending on how quickly I tag 4-5 back here in SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey_slayer

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on December 10, 2018, 12:35:25 AM
Probably going to be a limited season for me.  :(
With an impending total shoulder replacement surgery needed, along with drawing nothing in my home state of Florida....ONCE AGAIN >:(, I'll likely just be hunting at my lease in SC, possibly Bama, Georgia and Kansas too.
My main goal is to get at least one turkey, then get the surgery done, and be rehabbed by the fall deer season and be ready for next duck season and spring turkey season.
Man good luck. My dad had that surgery 8 days ago and it's been rough going. Yesterday we thought he was over it and felt pretty good other than some soreness. Today he's hurting and sick to his stomach. They figure it's the anesthesia and it can take up to 6 weeks for that to get out of his system. Gets the staples out in a few weeks and she told him that it's going to hurt

darron

Just Ohio for me for now. With young kids makes it hard to travel and stay over night for days. Once the kids get up older hope to hit Kentucky with family.

JMalin

Texas and New Mexico.  Would love to try for an eastern bird this spring, but I'm not sure it'll be in the cards.