OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2019 Spring plans

Started by LaLongbeard, December 09, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on December 10, 2018, 12:35:25 AM
Probably going to be a limited season for me.  :(
With an impending total shoulder replacement surgery needed, along with drawing nothing in my home state of Florida....ONCE AGAIN >:(, I'll likely just be hunting at my lease in SC, possibly Georgia and Kansas too.
My main goal is to get at least one turkey, then get the surgery done, and be rehabbed by the fall deer season and be ready for next duck season and spring turkey season.
Hope it goes well for you, best of luck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

Right now, just in PA.  Lining things up, though, for a return to NE..........maybe WY as well............

Won't know til I know. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gooserbat

With an impending total shoulder replacement surgery needed, along with drawing nothing in my home state of Florida....ONCE AGAIN >:(, I'll likely just be hunting at my lease in SC, possibly Georgia and Kansas too.
My main goal is to get at least one turkey, then get the surgery done, and be rehabbed by the fall deer season and be ready for next duck season and spring turkey season.

When in KS your welcome to come by and show me how to kill an Oklahoma bird.  I'll even let you use the 20 ga.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

longbow2240

At home here in TN and
Planning on going to AL and KY. Possibly KY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dejake

WW

SC, KS, NE, WA, ID are on schedule for this year. It's hard to beat the west/mid-west.  It has a hold on me!

paintbrush

Yoder409

Quote from: WW on December 11, 2018, 11:20:20 AMIt's hard to beat the west/mid-west.  It has a hold on me!

You, sir, are NOT alone in your affliction.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jrkimbrough

Homestate of MS and possibly hitting up TN or MO if plans work out with a few hunting buddies.

mozart_hunter

Hope to get to MS then Im off to Texas Panhandle, and back home in Arkansas.

Jstocks

Florida starting March 8.
Alabama second week of the season there.
TN with my daughter at Hunting For A Cure
Mississippi on a buddy's place
Louisiana with another friend
Either Ky or Mo possibly
Rhode Island and Mass. second week of May

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 10, 2018, 11:51:11 AM
Dang Jim, I hate to hear that about your shoulder.  That don't sound fun at all! :'(
It isn't David. This is my 3rd duck season in a row I've missed due to the busted chicken wing, and it's impeded 3 deer seasons so far, and this spring will be the 3rd turkey season it's impacted. Hate to have to do such a brutal surgery, but the constant pain and impact on my hunting has grown very old. I'm ready.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 10, 2018, 12:21:04 PM
Hope it goes well for you, best of luck.
Thanks man, much appreciated!!! :icon_thumright:

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 10, 2018, 10:36:41 PM
When in KS your welcome to come by and show me how to kill an Oklahoma bird.  I'll even let you use the 20 ga.
:lol: ;D :TooFunny: Well, I don't know about all that, but I'd be happy to take some lessons!!! ;)

soky

Other than Tennessee and Kentucky, I'm going to attempt finishing my slam in Washington. If I can get get done in Washington fairly early I'll try Oregon or Idaho as well

Kylongspur88

I have a week's vacation scheduled for the last week of the Kentucky season. Planning a trip in 2020 for a Rio.

DeltaRunner

I live in the Florida Panhandle but have only hunted Alabama the last few years.  I use to consistently do well in Florida but the areas I hunt in Alabama are top shelf.  Anyway, I won a quota permit for the first 9 days of season for a FL WMA that is only 20 minutes from my house (I moved in September).  I'm off that week so I'm going to start in Florida before heading to my AL lease.  I'm excited about hunting a new area in my home state.