turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Russell Mocassins

Started by WW, December 05, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

Are they worth the money? If they ever need repairing in the years to come, will they repair for free or how does that work?

B perryman

Yes they are and I think they are having a sale now. Service is as good as it gets. Most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobk

Very comfortable and well made boots. A nice feature is you can pick the sole that meets your requirements.  I have a pair of their snakeboots that I bought in 1982. They have been resoled several times and are still in wearable condition. I have several pairs of their upland boots that are from the 80's/90's that I still wear. My only reservation with these boots is that they are not as waterproof as today's Gore-Tex boots that may not be true with their latest boots.

HartClemson99

Concerning their snake boots (or any of their boots), you can buy a pair of store bought and replace every few years or buy a Russell fitted to your foot and have them resoled every 5 years and keep them for many years.

My oldest pair of Russell's are 19 years old and I still wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

savduck

They are loved or hated. I don't own a pair but have talked to many that do and pay close attention to any online topics about them. Seems like the guys that love them really love them. The guys that hate them really hate them. There doesn't seem to be a middle road.

I will say I've seen and heard more love than hate.
Georgia Boy

gaswamp

I don't have a pair of Russells for hunting purposes.  But I do own 2 pairs of casual russells...one pair is the chukka and the other is a mocassin loafers.  I wear both all the time and they are the most comfortable shoes I own.

Matt k

One of the best investments I've made was their turkey hunting boots. Love them.

haystaddle

I have three pair of Russell boots. Got my first pair 34 yrs ago. They are still going strong. My turkey hunters are 18 years old. Still with the original soles.  Waterproof, comfortable as slippers. Best boots period.  My buddy is probably on his sixth or seventh pair of boots since I got mine. Russell has all of their custom turkey boots on sale now at 20% off until December 31st with guaranteed delivery by March 1st, 2019.  Pretty good deal