OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turbacco Pipe

Started by Fdept56, December 04, 2018, 04:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fdept56

I had the idea several years ago to throw a cigar in my pack while deer hunting so if I ever killed a good one I could smoke it. I don't know why I never thought of doing this for turkey hunting, but I didn't. After seeing Cove do this on the Pinhoti Project, I thought it was a cool thing to do but didn't want to just copy someone else so I came up with this. I made a pipe head(?) out of walnut and then made a cane yelper to use as the stem. While my finish work leaves a lot to be desired, I still wanted to share it.
Hopefully I get to fire it up a few times in 2019!

Sir-diealot

Stem looks real nice, no problems with the bowl either. Have you tested it yet? Never smoked tobacco from a pipe, I used to love the original Backwoods cigars though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

idratherb

They'd sell great in Colorado

Fdept56

Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 04, 2018, 04:52:48 PM
Stem looks real nice, no problems with the bowl either. Have you tested it yet? Never smoked tobacco from a pipe, I used to love the original Backwoods cigars though.
I've tested it a few times to make sure it works and see what kind of tobacco to pack with me. Lane 1-Q is some good stuff.

Fdept56

Quote from: idratherb on December 04, 2018, 05:36:10 PM
Haha! I'm planning on hunting there next year so I might have to make a few extras to take with me!

redjones

Nice pipe,hows it smoke.
Lane 1-Q is pretty good,I recommend it to anyone just staring out smoking a pipe,very mild,burns nice,good flavor,if you get a chance try some Frog Morton's Cellar.

Greg
Semper Fi

Fdept56

Quote from: redjones on December 04, 2018, 06:11:50 PM
Nice pipe,hows it smoke.
Lane 1-Q is pretty good,I recommend it to anyone just staring out smoking a pipe,very mild,burns nice,good flavor,if you get a chance try some Frog Morton's Cellar.

Greg
Thanks! It smokes good enough for me lol. I'll remember the Frog's but what I've got already will probably last me 5 years.

3bailey3

looks great and a awesome idea!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Fdept56 on December 04, 2018, 05:43:53 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on December 04, 2018, 04:52:48 PM
I've tested it a few times to make sure it works and see what kind of tobacco to pack with me. Lane 1-Q is some good stuff.

Good to hear, I would imagine the wood adds a flavor as well? I gave up smoking years ago so I will have to take your word for it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Quote from: idratherb on December 04, 2018, 05:36:10 PM
All the call makers will really be back logged now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Nice looking pipe. My grandfather smoked a pipe for over 50 years. Always loved the smell of the cherry blend he used.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.