OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scored on a Lowcountry stud!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, November 23, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

We've been getting pictures of this Lowcountry big boy for the last 2 months in one of our food plots, but he always came after dark. I told my hunting partner that the only way one of us was going to kill him was during the rut. Fortunately for me, I was there when he made the mistake of showing up in daylight.
I was hunting a thin food plot in between 2 clearcuts. I had just watched a shooter 8 point pushing a doe through the clearcut, but I wasn't able to get on him for a shot. So I put my rifle down, and looked down the food plot to see a neck, head and rack sticking out the brush in the clearcut. I immediately knew it was him by his rack. I grabbed my rifle, and he took one step forward. I aimed for his shoulder and fired, but he just stood there looking around. Realizing I had missed, I reloaded my Encore but he turned and walked back into the clearcut. I caught glimpses of him moving, and adjusted my aim to a low area he was moving towards. When he stepped into the opening, I aimed and fired. He stumbled forward, then took off running. He only ran about 80 yards, leaving a good blood trail.
He's my 2nd best buck ever, and the best I've taken on my property in S. Carolina.
180 pounds and 10 points. He's going to look great on my wall!! :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Good one Jim.  Congrats.   Just looks like a giant Key Deer to me ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on November 23, 2018, 04:15:48 PMJust looks like a giant Key Deer to me ;D
I knew I could count on you for some humor Ronnie!!!! :lol: ;D

3bailey3

guesswho

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on November 23, 2018, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: guesswho on November 23, 2018, 04:15:48 PMJust looks like a giant Key Deer to me ;D
Seriously, great buck!   He will look good up there by the man????
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

SinGin

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on November 23, 2018, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on November 23, 2018, 04:50:04 PM
Seriously, great buck!   He will look good up there by the man????
Well, not many bucks would look respectable next to "The Man", but he's a step up from my other bucks, and they're on the wall next to him. ;D
For those of you not familiar, I used to have access to hunt private property in Ohio. One year I scored on the buck of my lifetime. 300 pounds, 16 points, scored 181-7/8" non-typical.

doublespurs21

you should of let that ohio buck go one more year,,,,,, very nice buck..

Yoder409

A deer ANYONE would be proud of !!!   CONGRATS on a hawg of a buck !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

firedup

Heck of a nice deer Jim!  Hadn't seen a pic of "The Man" in awhile too! Lol. He will look fine right up there with the rest  :icon_thumright:

Dr Juice

Congrats brother ... that is one awesome buck!

He's your second best buck ... i would love to see your numero uno!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Double B

Great buck, I'm still plugging!   :fud:
Followed by buzzards

NCL

Both are very nice deer, Congratulations.