OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Show your deer pics...

Started by KYHeadhunter02, October 26, 2018, 01:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Quote from: guesswho on November 04, 2018, 01:04:07 PM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on November 03, 2018, 11:24:08 PM
Interesting genetics there man. I like those. Kinda neat.

After posting those pictures yesterday I decided to go deer hunting for the first time in about five years.  Heres a better picture of him.  I remember now why I quit, that a lot of work!

That's a good one Ronnie. Congrats bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

The last year or so I've been real compromised health wise. Eye trouble, deaf in one ear, balance issues, etc but I took 4 last year two decent bucks.
This one is one of two does I took just a few weeks ago.
The bucks this year just haven't yet given me the shots I'm waiting on.
Robertson Primal Overdrive Longbow, Wapiti tapered cedar arrow, Zwicky head.

Bowguy

These are two small bucks from last year. Was only 4 and 5 months from 10 hour brain surgery. I had to learn to walk again, talk decent again, stack soup cans, even eat by myself. Thank God I could harvest them.
I say this not so anyone feels bad but so anyone struggling doesn't give up or feel sorry for themselves.
No matter how bad it seems it could always be worse. I used my desire to hunt to help me heal.
Whatever the issue don't give up

buzzardroost

Here's a Sapelo Island, Blackbeard Island Subspecies I got this year. This is actually a large buck at 77 pounds dressed. 1 of my 4 deer this year so far

Spring Creek Calls

A non typical I shot Tuesday with my crossbow. All kinds of junk coming off the of the right antler.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Sixes

Georgia buck #2

Bowkill from middle Georgia on 11/6

228 pound live weight 9 point.

20181105_085340 by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

20181105_084024 by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

guesswho

Good one.  Congrats Sixes on the heavyweight.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sixes

Quote from: guesswho on November 09, 2018, 06:59:42 AM
Good one.  Congrats Sixes on the heavyweight.

Thanks, I've shot a few between 200 and 215, but this is the heaviest one that I have ever killed. 

I shot him off the edge of a roadbed and luckily, he only made it about 30-35 yards after the shot into the thick brush, so the drag wasn't too bad.

That's a very unique buck that you killed and a great bow kill

captpete

Some nice deer guys!. I've been hitting it hard this last week. All I've had in bow range is a few little fork horns and some does/yearlings. I sat for 6 hours yesterday and saw 5 little bucks & 3 does. I'm about ready to shoot the next thing that walks past that isn't a yearling. That said, being from Iowa, it is almost taboo to shoot anything smaller than 130"(not my philosophy) and if you do don't tell anybody .

wvmntnhick

Quote from: captpete on November 11, 2018, 07:41:05 PM
Some nice deer guys!. I've been hitting it hard this last week. All I've had in bow range is a few little fork horns and some does/yearlings. I sat for 6 hours yesterday and saw 5 little bucks & 3 does. I'm about ready to shoot the next thing that walks past that isn't a yearling. That said, being from Iowa, it is almost taboo to shoot anything smaller than 130"(not my philosophy) and if you do don't tell anybody .
Whatever floats your boat bud. I find my standards change based on where I'm hunting. These Ag-land deer where I'm at now get a chance to get a little bigger than back home. I find myself passing on 2.5-3.5 y/o deer here that I'd love to see when I hunt back home. Heck, up there, jus show me antlers and I'll send some lead. Well, depends on the season I guess. I've found myself not so much interested in killing deer as much as watching my niece, nephew and daughter get one. But I've also had access to crop damage permits so could fill the freezer early. This year, I've been out 4 times total. Shot one doe that was donated to someone in much greater need than myself. Have passed on a few others in the past couple days wanting to get "the one" but he's not been in range yet. Maybe in the morning. Bottom line, if you're happy, who cares about the thoughts of others. Guy just bought the farm house on the property I hunt. He now has permission to hunt there as well. One guy can do a lot of damage on that place if they choose. Soon as I figure out what page he's on, my standards may yet change again. It's solely based on what I feel and I've passed on a lot of deer there that would make me happy knowing there's better out there and trying to stay away from the ridicule of others near me. But, if he's not like minded, I'll take a deer that makes me happy and move on with my season.

Will

Proud Dad here.
Today was day two of Maryland's youth firearm season and my youngest son scored on his first deer today. Lower Eastern Shore in Somerset County. Healthy doe he shot with a 6.5 Creedmoor. I've spent a few youth days with my oldest son but he aged out just in time for my youngest to start.

guesswho

Congrats to him.   Well done young man.  Love the smiles.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Maryland youth day as well. One of my nephews  that has begged to go hunting since he was about 5. This was his first hunt ever.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

This is the only picture that I have in digital format of me and a deer. It was my first deer, a nice symmetrical 6 point or a 3x3 as some of you might say.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Love the kids pics boys!! Imo nothing is better