turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Old Pro Turkey hunter

Started by 3bailey3, October 07, 2018, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Gene Nunney's book The old pro turkey hunter is coming back in a reprint on October 15, Amazon has it for preorder for 16.99, I am going to get a copy after all the great things I have heard about this book.

Dr Juice

Cool. Pls provide an after action report to us. Thx.

davisd9

Best turkey hunting book out there in my opinion
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

3bailey3

that what I thought Sil, hunting some of the same woods we now use

Sir-diealot

I was hoping to preorder it but I will have to get it next month.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ShootingABN!

Fun stories of years past. Loads of truth in it and even how to kill the old birds. LOL I love it.

greencop01

Very good read but you should give 'Turkey Hunting a One Man Game' by Kenny Morgan a read, very insightful stuff. 
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

quavers59

The Old Pro Turkey Hunter!!! My Fav book out of near 50 of them.   Bought mine from Jim Casada.  Reprints-- very good. Now more people will find out about how good this book is.

Sir-diealot

Still hoping they will also do I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto the Hills
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

larry9988

I Lift my eyes unto the hills is hard to come by. I have an Old Pro book I bought off of Amazon for just about nothing, several years ago. It's a good read. Glad I bought it. I lift my eyes to the hills has been very pricey for a long time. I went to a public library and had them find it for me from another library. I read it in about a week and took it back, that was hard to do because I wanted to keep it. I have never bought a copy of it.

Jstocks

My wife and kids bought me The Old Pro for my birthday. I received it in the mail Monday. Has been a good read so far through the first three chapters.

Tail Feathers

Y'all inspired me.  I ordered mine yesterday.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dublelung

By far the best turkey book I've ever read. I used to read it once a year.  I urge anyone who may be on the fence to hop off and buy it.

WildTigerTrout

I have a 1980 1st Edition.  I paid $35 for it two years ago.  Glad to see they are going to reprint it.  Great book!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!