OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had To Say Goodbye!

Started by guesswho, September 24, 2018, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Had to say goodbye to a dear old friend today. Had to take my 15 year old Doberman and have him put to sleep this afternoon. He celebrated his 15th birthday last Monday, that's really old for a Dobe. He had a good day today too. He loved sweet stuff and his bed. Not sure which he loved more but he got to eat sweet stuff all day in bed today. R.I.P. Bodacious Red Bruin, aka BoBo. We're going to miss you dearly!!!!

And here is a picture of him and his friend Bucky who used to come see him daily. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Sorry to hear this, I know this will be coming sooner than I think with our dog, she is somewhere between 9-11 years old and I am beginning to see a change in her. Fist pet I have had in 20 some odd years. Never had to put one to sleep but saw some die in ways I won't share here. My heart goes out to you and your family. This is my Misty.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

guesswho

Looks like Misty is living he good life.    Good job, take good care of her.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Yoder409

Heart goes out to you, brother...........  He was one handsome dude !!!

We had to put one of our Rotts down when bone cancer ate her up.  Best thing to do for the dog, but SUCKS for the family. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

SinGin

Worst ting I've ever had to do. Sorry for your loss

paboxcall

Ronnie - I'm truly sorry to hear this, and I know how large the hole in your home and family feels right now. We lost our dog who was just shy of 18 years and it was devastating.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Greg Massey

So sorry for your loss... prayers .... I hate this for you and your family...

NCL

Sorry to hear of your loss. Putting a dog down is the hardest thing in the world. My lab died last year of natural causes under the computer table, his favorite place to lay down. I know and feel your pain

daddyduke

So sorry about your loss. Sounds like he had a very special last day. Friends to the end.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

MissLouHunter

Turkeytider

Condolences man. Hurts real bad. But then again, it should. I`m convicted in the belief that the Good Lord gave man the dog to show us what pure, uncomplicated, love looks like. All dogs go to heaven.

guesswho

Thanks everybody.  Definitely not the same around here without Bobo.

If all dogs do indeed go to heaven, I hope my neighbors are dog people when I show up.  Because I have a crew waiting for me for sure.  Tyke, Blacky, Pooch, Rowdy, Prince, Bandit, Baby, Bowser, Bama, Strut, Lexie (Bo's Mom), Lugar (Bo's Dad), and now Bodacious.  I also hope Blue Buffalo is cheaper in heaven.  Miss and love you all.       
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on September 24, 2018, 09:07:12 PM
Yep, the girlfriend and Misty get before I get. Wish I could give both more.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeytider

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 25, 2018, 12:14:18 PM
Quote from: guesswho on September 24, 2018, 09:07:12 PM
Yep, the girlfriend and Misty get before I get. Wish I could give both more.

Yes sir!  That`s what we`re here for.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Im sorry for the loss. I know our pets are just like family.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny