OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A big surprise for myself and for my Pastor

Started by Sir-diealot, September 09, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

A while ago Yelper had posted a Preacherman box call and I had made this comment "I so wish I had the money for this, my Pastor just decided to take up turkey hunting and I said to myself I have to get him one of those Preacherman  box calls. I have to get one for him before May." Figuring a Preacher should have one called Preacherman.

Well this past week Yelper had asked me for my address, now I was worried because I recently lost 200 dollars and was afraid I had made a deal and now was not going to be able to go through with it (My meds for my back and hips do make me forget a lot) The other thought I had was that I had posted two things looking for a hat and a shirt and maybe he was going to send me one of those, again I asked him if I owed him anything to which he replied no.

Well when I got the mail in I got in a box that I could not figure out what was in it and was surprised when I opened it to see a beautiful Preacherman box call inside in Tigerwood over Walnut and was even more surprised to find a letter stating somebody here had purchased it for me to give to my Pastor!

I know from talking to Yelper that he is not the one that purchased and had it sent so I would like to say a public thank you to whomever it was that sent it, it was an incredible and unexpected act of kindness and Yelper said you wanted to remain anonymous, so I will not try to find out who it was but again thank you for both my Pastor and myself.

Here are a few pictures, there would be more but my camera seems like it may be getting ready to give up the ghost and was being temperamental.

Oh I should mention that I had not seen the call out of the plastic wrap until this morning when he unwrapped it, once I saw the letter I stopped taking it out and I figured that should be his privilege. Oh and he opened the service by getting every bodies attention to get ready with a few well done yelps on the call.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

That's a great story and a very kind gesture on someone's part.

There are a lot of truly fine people on this board.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

1iagobblergetter

Very nice gesture of kindness. Lots of great people on here!!

Yelper

Maybe you do owe me some Money :)  :)

Glad you got the call to him and hopefully he didn't play the call the whole church service!!

Yelper

:jesus-cross:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

greencop01

Turkey Hunters are some of the best people bar none. Terrific gesture and shows the people on this site really are gracious people. Maybe it is what hunting the Wild Turkey imparts to us over the years. Maybe because on our set-ups we spend time looking at the Creator's Handiwork and can't help being affected by it. Hope your pastor has a terrific Spring in the turkey woods.  :bible:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

buckmark13

What goes around comes around.....great gesture!!!

vt35mag

To both of you, well done! Awesome gesture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yoder409

GREAT story !!!

A sincere and heartfelt SALUTE to the kind individual who is responsible for this behind the scene.  You are good people.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

When I went back to church this evening he said he and his wife pulled into their driveway and there were I believe he said 8 turkey in the front yard. (Hens and poults) I think he is getting a sign. lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yelper on September 09, 2018, 05:04:13 PM
Maybe you do owe me some Money :)  :)

Glad you got the call to him and hopefully he didn't play the call the whole church service!!

Yelper

:jesus-cross:
lol I sure hope not, broke as broke can be and then some right now. No he did not.

John Koenig:

NCL

Great story. What a great gesture on someones part and it is really outstanding that the person wishes to remain anonymous.

Sir-diealot

Sorry I have not replied to each of you, I figured you would not want me to make the thread real long. I agree with everything said by each of you, especially what wonderful and generous people we have on this website. I am glad I found it.

John Koenig: