turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Full or Modified

Started by 3bailey3, August 29, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Our dove season opens Saturday and just wondering what choke you guys like the most, I am shooting a Benelli m2 20 gauge?

Gog1015

I would recommend IC, Skeet 1 or Skeet 2 for most dove fields that I hunt. Modified every once in a while but not often.

Candyman

I haven't dove hunted in a long long time. I remember hunting doves with my dad when I was a boy though. Always looked forward to those hunts. Back then we looked for someone cutting hay.  I think it depends on the gun and field you are hunting. Close shots IC. Medium to long shots the modified. My gun- 11-87 12ga is money with the modified choke and Winchester AA target loads. My vote is modified.

Good luck. Don't forget the plug.

Kylongspur88

I'll be out saturday too. I use improved and lead them like I'm going to miss. IC will kill them further than most think. 

Jbird22

I prefer modified in every one of my guns for shooting doves.

wvmntnhick

If I get to go this year (not likely considering the surgery) I'll be using a Stevens o/u. Barrels will be choked M/IM unless I feel froggy enough to change them out. Worked fine in the late season last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

I'm part of the Mod Squad....  O0

SwampRooster17

Modified

quavers59

I wish New York had a Mourning Dove Season... I see them every day in my front yard!

bbcoach

I'm a IC guy.  If I'm in their flight pattern, 30 yards and in, I prefer an IC for 2 reasons 1. most dove will be taken down with only a couple of pellets 2. small shot and a more a open choke give me a larger pattern for them to fly through.  When shooting skeet, which simulates these quick, low flying, crossing birds, most shooters choose a more open choke like skeet 1 or 2 and IC.  My :z-twocents:

3bailey3

Thanks you guys for the input, I put in the modified !

shatcher

wvmntnhick

Quote from: shatcher on August 30, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
IC with 7.5s
Ever notice a difference with 8's? Far as cripples vs dead? Just curious.

bruce.smith0817

I shoot a 20 ga over an under Steven,s 555 ,i.p an mod works for me I let them get close also hunt by myself with decoys alot which makes a big difference most people at them way out of range

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Thanks Bruce for that info, I just brought a mojo decoy going to be twenty five steps out in front in the morning, what's y'alls opinion on cloudy mornings with a chance of rain, do they still like to fly?