OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Little pool visitor

Started by Sixes, August 28, 2018, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

This little feller somehow got inside the pool fence. Luckily, he didn't want to take a swim. I live in a fairly dense residential area, but the deer population has really taken off as more and more wooded areas are destroyed. Hopefully, this little one will make it a few years.

fawn4 by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

me and deer by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

Cool!!! Must have been a neat experience!! :icon_thumright:

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

vaplowboy

1iagobblergetter

Thats Neat. I wonder what it's Mom thought of the human scent?

greencop01

Mom will not be affected by the scent, fawn will be with Mom soon after released. She's close by. Know from experience.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Tim I have a dry rub that goes great on those.   :toothy12:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Had two young ones about to go out in front of the van this morning at about 6:10 GF and I saw them at same time. Glad they turned back.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

wvmntnhick

Man, I've pulled a lot of stuff from pools over the years. Mice, rats, squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and birds. Frogs, snakes and turtles too. Never have I had to worry about a deer. Glad it's safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 29, 2018, 12:05:56 AM
Man, I've pulled a lot of stuff from pools over the years. Mice, rats, squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, and birds. Frogs, snakes and turtles too. Never have I had to worry about a deer. Glad it's safe.

Yep, had pools, and not had pools. All in all, much prefer the latter.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Turkeytider on August 29, 2018, 05:26:33 AM

Yep, had pools, and not had pools. All in all, much prefer the latter.
I've never owned one personally. I own (with 2 others) a pool and spa service business. Dealing with them through the season insures that I'll never have my own. Not gonna fix everyone else's all day and work on my own at night.

TauntoHawk

taking care of a friends pool while they dealt with an out of state move once I found a dead skunk floating in 90* heat. I did not take a free laps that day
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sixes

I've got a buddy that had a young buck jump his fence and manage to fall/jump in his pool.  Vinyl lined and the buck tried to get out and proceeded to destroy the liner with it's hooves.

So not only did he have to get out a dead deer but had to replace the liner

wvmntnhick

Liner jobs aren't cheap. I love them! Lol