Tj Johnson Fiddle box

Started by Turkz39, August 26, 2018, 11:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkz39

Check out TJ Johnson's new fiddle box call, debuted at Turkey Trot

Turkz39

They sound great , I can't wait to get one

1iagobblergetter

I'm not sure who he is,but with the name and art work it seems like he likes Watkins alot...???

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on August 26, 2018, 11:33:06 PM
I'm not sure who he is,but with the name and art work it seems like he likes Watkins alot...???
He either plays or used to play for the Cincinnati Bengals. He is taking over for Marlin once he retires. So he is training under Marlin. I don't know if he can turn out a call like Watkins or not. I hope he doesn't just copy Marlins design and decides to put his spin on the fiddles or his own  ideas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Turkz39

I think TJ will do just fine at Making his box calls,  Iam sure he will put his own creative ideas on his calls. 

Turkz39

Iam sure TJ will stay true to what Marlin has taught him.   I don't think anyone will be disappointed with TJs Calls.

land cruiser

Looks great, how can I get in touch with him?

va longbeard

I got in touch with him thru facebook, he is probably gearing up for football season now he is currently an NFL player with the Bengals.

Pretty cool that an NFL player is making turkey calls I am sure he is doing it because he loves it!

He seems to be a super nice guy, fellow South Carolina southerner like me.

When I ordered two pot calls from him I had no idea he was an NFL player.

jed clampett

I have got several pots from TJ..
They sound great...je told me a few months back that Marlin was mentoring him..he sent me some soundfiles of the boxes he is making..they sound great!

Turkz39

I met TJ last year in Nashville and got a pot call from him,  he was a very nice guy and very humble. Heck I didn't even know he played in the NFL till I was bragging  to a buddy of mine on my pot call I got from him and my buddy told me TJ was an NFL player.  He can sure make some awesome pot calls and strikers I can't wait to get a box from him.

billyb

Marlin had 4 of TJs boxes at Turkey Trot. I played them all and they were all very good. I tried to talk him into selling one but he would not budge

Coop1082

TJ is as good as they come and his boxes sound excellent. I think he's done a great job at honoring Marlin and taking over the fiddle design for the future.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]