OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Minimalist Satchel

Started by Kates, August 26, 2018, 03:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kates

Mrs. Glenda Green has done it again! I bought one of her original satchels when they first came out. It's a great satchel but I was looking for a smaller one due to the fact I carry very little while turkey hunting so this new bag is perfect. Here's a pic of both bags for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

I like that. I travel light too. Bother you for a picture of the pocket design by chance?

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Glenda Green

10" wide 13" Tall
If you would like more info you can contact me at greenscch@yahoo.com
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saving the life of one dog will not change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog.

Kates

Candyman

Gobbler2577

Is there only place for two strikers??  I really like the smaller size but my chest hurts to think of carrying only two strikers.  It's funny I guess because 25 years ago all I carried was one box call.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Gobbler2577 on August 26, 2018, 07:47:43 PM
Is there only place for two strikers??  I really like the smaller size but my chest hurts to think of carrying only two strikers.  It's funny I guess because 25 years ago all I carried was one box call.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
She can fix that striker problem. Buy a striker roll up from her and then you have 6 more to hunt with... :you_rock:

Sir-diealot

They both look very well made.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NCL

I have a couple of Glenda's striker roll-ups and they are extremely well made and worth every penny.

wvmntnhick

What's this minimalist idea I keep hearing about? How do people hunt with only one or two pot calls, couple strikers, box call and a diaphragm? This is nuts! A bloomin' outrage!

And, I get it. I've found myself in recent times grabbing a Yingling or Enticer pot call (weather dictated), Gooserbat gold digger diaphragm, Jeff white scratch box or Dunfee Hooch Box, Gibson crow call and Harrison hooter. Couple strikers and small conditioning kit and I'm rolling. And honestly, if the weather is fit, any one of the friction calls and the diaphragm would be plenty. Tracts of ground here are small. No sense carrying a ton of stuff with ya. They're either gonna play or they're not. Taking the kitchen sink along won't change any of it. Excellent find Kates.

Turkeytider

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 27, 2018, 10:56:49 PM
What's this minimalist idea I keep hearing about? How do people hunt with only one or two pot calls, couple strikers, box call and a diaphragm? This is nuts! A bloomin' outrage!

And, I get it. I've found myself in recent times grabbing a Yingling or Enticer pot call (weather dictated), Gooserbat gold digger diaphragm, Jeff white scratch box or Dunfee Hooch Box, Gibson crow call and Harrison hooter. Couple strikers and small conditioning kit and I'm rolling. And honestly, if the weather is fit, any one of the friction calls and the diaphragm would be plenty. Tracts of ground here are small. No sense carrying a ton of stuff with ya. They're either gonna play or they're not. Taking the kitchen sink along won't change any of it. Excellent find Kates.

One pot ( depending on weather ), one box and a mouth call. If the weather`s real wet, probably leave the box at the camp. A little water. A pocket knife. Couple extra shells. Cell phone in my pocket. All in pouches around my waist. Small field chair on one shoulder, a decoy in a bag on my back ( sometimes ) and an 870 Super Mag with sling over my other shoulder. I can move pretty good with that, even for an "old " guy.