Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What to do for a memory of my first turkey?

Started by Life of Riley, August 21, 2018, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swenny

Wow, great ideas!  I'm glad you have the beard, spur, and a photo! There's a lot of cool ideas on pinterest too.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

renegade19

Cheap and easy.  In this one, the hooks hold up the pot call.  Put a pic where the pot is.

guesswho

I know it's to late now for that turkey, unless you happened to keep some feathers.  But every turkey I've ever killed with a different gun I took a breast feather and put under the butt plate of that gun.  I have an old Winchester model 37 in a 20 gauge that has a feather that's 52 years old.  You would be surprised what a single feather can do to a man, makes me tear up a tad every time I remove that butt plate.   I looked at it early this summer when I was in Florida.   All my guns I've ever killed a turkey with has a feather from its first bird. 

As far as the beards and Spurs I'd make a beard board to display them along with future kills.   All mine have pictures on them as well.  I'll dig up a picture and post it after while.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Upfold99

Quote from: MK M GOBL on August 24, 2018, 06:34:34 AM
Quote from: Cove on August 23, 2018, 01:38:40 PM
File holder racks. . . . that'll be done soon! Awesome idea.

Thanks!

Got the idea for these as I was selling Fans & Wings at shows for setting up DSD Strutter Decoys, I had my "White Headed" DSD on Display and needed a way to hold the extras I sell. Was at WallyWorld when I seen them and it just struck me (That'll work moment) and they are inexpensive. I have made a faceboard for the rack to cover the wire for a few of my displays.

MK M GOBL
I too bought the file holder racks after seeing it mentioned on the site.  Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

THattaway

I was thinking he could start a bucket.

Might turn some off but a turkey fan is a turkey fan when you get right down to it. I save all mine for various reasons every season, mostly for fly tying and such. Got a few in the freezer and glad to donate a replacement if you need it. A good picture is hard to beat though.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles