turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Callmakers' Summit, Turkey Trot Acres, Candor, NY

Started by EZ, August 10, 2018, 07:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

This is a Great event for anyone that can make it. Great facility, great food, great folks in a laid back atmosphere. If you can make it, you won't be disappointed.

https://www.facebook.com/TurkeyTrot/photos/a.10150100673882151.272243.235423417150/10155690699877151/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Sir-diealot

Do they do it there every year? Only and hour from me but can't make it this year as I have no wheels yet but will next year. Edit: I asked on their Facebroke page and this is the reply. "... This is year # 2 and hope to follow for many years. Next year's date is the weekend before Labor Day weekend........See you then! Pete"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

So it's Friday 2pm, I'm supposed to be just an hour away for the weekend later that day might have to take a sick day and pull the family up early. Plus sell a kidney first

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on August 10, 2018, 04:09:42 PM
So it's Friday 2pm, I'm supposed to be just an hour away for the weekend later that day might have to take a sick day and pull the family up early. Plus sell a kidney first

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I can never seem to find anybody willing to buy mine either.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Will

Is this similar to Unicoi where the call makers display calls for sale?

SteelerFan

gaswamp

Quote from: Will on August 11, 2018, 06:26:39 AM

DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT SINCE THE nWTF is involved

Pettit877

Having not been to Unicoi I can not compare the two. I was at turkey trot last year and yes there are call makers with calls on display and for sale.  It is a very laid back atmosphere with a bunch of good guys talking turkeys and playing some of the finest calls around. 

Eric Pettit

crow

The people I talked to that went last year all had a good time

the outside calling contest looks interesting

EZ

Quote from: Pettit877 on August 11, 2018, 07:48:46 AM

Having not been to Unicoi I can not compare the two. I was at turkey trot last year and yes there are call makers with calls on display and for sale.  It is a very laid back atmosphere with a bunch of good guys talking turkeys and playing some of the finest calls around. 

Eric Pettit

Turkey Trot is much smaller and in a camp/woods atmosphere. It's more like a picnic/party/get together with a whole lot of turkey hunting/ callmaking knowledge. The NWTF involvement is on Saturday when they have their fund raising picnic their.

BTW, it was very nice meeting you there Eric.

doublespurs21

some very big callmakers on that list. a 5 hour drive for me,,

1iagobblergetter

Browning87

I can't wait to meet and hang out with everyone there. Looks like it's going to be a great time!!