OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Goulds outfitters

Started by WW, August 02, 2018, 01:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I'm trying to plan a Goulds hunt.. I know about El Halcon and Rio Sonora, but who else is out there that's rumored to be good in the Mexican outfitting business?

Uncle Nicky

Tony Caggiano/World Slam Adventures

neal

I hunted with Jay Scott two of us killed 4 birds in a day and a half. We flew to AZ and drove across the border which is very convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

HartClemson99

I have hunted 3 times with El Halcon and I will go back!  Manuel Enriquez is the man!  The food, lodging and hunting is awesome.

I did a change last spring and hunted with Cazafaris out of Aquacalientes.   The hunting was different than El Halcon.  It is very, very high elevation and all hunting was done from permanent blinds.  The birds were plentiful and big! 

El Halcon:
April 2010

June 2017

Cazafaris:
April 2018

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Yoder409

Quote from: HartClemson99 on August 02, 2018, 04:31:17 PM
I have hunted 3 times with El Halcon and I will go back!  Manuel Enriquez is the man!  The food, lodging and hunting is awesome.

THIS !!!!

I have had the pleasure of being able to call Manuel "friend" for 20 years.  He is a stand up guy and runs a 5-star outfit.

The bird in my avatar pic came on a hunt at Manuel's. 

For Gould's birds, I would hunt with NO ONE ELSE !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Here's a mo' bigger pic................

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

cramerhunts

Colburn and Scott Outfitters (Gould's Turkey Hunts). Take a look at their videos and I don't think you'll need to look any further. Only issue you might have is when they are booked up. Rio Sonora is great as well. I don't have any experience on the others.

ltprod

Manual at el halcon period!!!!
Hart is right on ??????

fountain2

Another vote for el halcon.  My wife and I went in 2017 and had a great time.  It was an absolute great adventure/hunt.

nitro

My only personal experience is with El Durangueno Ranch. The Ayala family runs a first class operation. I can't imagine me going anywhere else. First class from start to finish. Lots of Gobblers and a fantastic 70000 acre ranch in the Sierr@  Madres.

Royal Slam 2008

WW

Quote from: nitro on August 06, 2018, 07:49:22 PM
My only personal experience is with El Durangueno Ranch. The Ayala family runs a first class operation. I can't imagine me going anywhere else. First class from start to finish. Lots of Gobblers and a fantastic 70000 acre ranch in the Sierr@  Madres.

Is that Mr Pat in your pic? He hunts with Chihuahua outfitters now on his gould hunts. It's hard for me to imagine paying $2990 for one gould at el durangueno, when you can hunt with El Halcon or many others and kill 2 for $3000.  Glad you had a good experience though.

Britton40

Quote from: nitro on August 06, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

A group of us went in 2016. Awesome time with great accommodations. I would go back.

LI Outdoorsman

Both me and my wife completed our Royal Slam at El Halcon
Highly recommend them!