turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall Turkey Hunting...elevator quote

Started by buckwheeeat, August 02, 2018, 08:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckwheeeat

Hey folks! We are only a couple months from fall turkey. We are all out cutting, spraying, and seeding fields. Im sure some of you have started scouting like myself...so the question is...

Give you best elevator 10 second advice on fall turkeys...whether it be planting, scouting, hunting, setup...ect.

(Elevator advice as in...if I was to catch you on an elevator at.the national turkey convention and ask you for advice and you only had 10 seconds...or maybe one or two sentences)

Go!

Heres mine...get in the woods early season, find the nesting areas, start paying attention to movement patterns, know their areas and youll be on them come october (TN is oct-nov)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aaron

Transition areas!   Fall is a time of extremely plentiful food sources.  My fall success went through the roof when I stopped focusing on acorns or crop fields and started focusing on areas where all things come together.  A select cut, next to oak ridges close to ag is the trifecta!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aaron on August 02, 2018, 10:10:00 AM
Transition areas!   Fall is a time of extremely plentiful food sources.  My fall success went through the roof when I stopped focusing on acorns or crop fields and started focusing on areas where all things come together.  A select cut, next to oak ridges close to ag is the trifecta!
Good deer advise as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Uncle Nicky

Save yourself a lot of work, scout the fields from the road, and try to figure out what they are eating.

idratherb

what uncle nicky said, and get a good pair of boots or a good dog and trek till ya find where their hangin!

crow

Get your gobbler/Jake yelps, clucks and gobbles locked in, also the Key Key run.

Denny Gulvas has an excellent fall turkey DVD.

Yoder409

Buy comfortable walking boots and put the miles down to find a flock.  when you break them, make SURE you get a good break.  Then just sit down and pick out which fish you wanna shoot outta the barrel.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Carry a quality long box: kee-kee runs, young hen yelps, jake yelps, raspy hen yelps, gobbler yelps, purr, cluck, even gobble on it if needed, and all on one call.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

fallhnt

No need to bust 'em,just call 'em in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bbcoach

Find a state that has a Fall season.  Nothing here yet but would love to give it a try if our numbers would allow it.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

HFultzjr

Walk
Walk some more
Walk until you can't go no more.
Repeat next day.
:anim_25:

Uncle Nicky

Keep a close watch on where you are seeing birds. When October rolls around, send Uncle Nicky a PM, and he will bring his crackerjack turkey dog out and help you kill one.  ;)

WW

Don't start unless you're ready to be fully committed to walking long distances, being humbled often, cursing a lot, but seeing and hearing some of the very best that the good Lord put here for us to enjoy!

WW

Oh.... and travel to different states to hunt as much as you can. There's nothing like killing birds in new terrain.