OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many vets do we have here

Started by Spitten and drummen, July 04, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Thanks to each of you that served or are serving.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: tracker#1 on July 05, 2018, 08:41:35 AM
Army, E-5, 3 years....last draft, war ended 9 months later, pulled decent duty....heavy equipment operator, Ft. Dix, Ft. Leavenworth, Ft. Belvoir, Camp Casey, Korea, 2nd division....battalion (Lt.colonel) commanders "driver" 702 maintenance ......was told "when you get back to California, best to shed your uniform or you might get spit on ". I kept mine on, all the way home...my Oath still stands.

It saddens me to this day the way vietnam vets were treated. I was not old enough at the end of that war to have known what was going on. That being said , i thank you for your service and god bless you.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kdfester

5yrs active USMC 1371 combat engineer.

merriamsman

Thank you to all who have served. I have a son who is now in Army Special Forces training at Ft. Bragg, NC.

bbcoach

4 years active USMC 1975-1979, AV-8 Harrier Mechanic.  Another 34 years with the DOD in the aviation field working with Marines and Navy personnel.  Wonderful Career!!!  Thanks to ALL of you and your families who have sacrificed for this GREAT country.  It has been a privilege being a Marine and working along side each of you for almost 40 years.  Semper Fi 

redjones

4 years USMC 83-87, lots of good times back then.
Thanks to everyone who served or are still serving,Gods Speed.

Greg
Semper Fi

strutnrut

15 years, DS Vet, 9 years 101st Abn. 20 years military  contractor.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

greencop01

USMC 0341, Mortors, then Forward Observer, Naval Gunfire, Artillery, Close Air Support. 1973-1977, no Nam Service. Semper Fi to all who served. My favorite toast is Tom Kelly's,' to the United States of America and confusion to her enemies !' Thanks to all who have served.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Dr Juice

25-years US Army Reserve and still serving  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Turkeytider

US Army, O-3, Medical Service Corps, 74-79 active. Introduced to turkeys while stationed at Ft Leonard Wood, Mo. Mark Twain National Forest. Great time!

noletracker

US Navy submarines 9yrs
USS James Madison, USS Mariano G Vallejo, Uss L. Mendel Rivers

joey46

USNR late 1960s - spent most of the time in the Med on the USS Suribachi AE-21.

chcltlabz

A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Les C

Viet Nam 1967-69. 1st Infantry Division, recon platoon.