OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unicorn horn

Started by antnye, July 02, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antnye

Finished up my June orders. So over the weekend I decided to turn this call before I started on July orders. Ive been wanting to build a call out of some rare materials. I wasn't able to obtain any dragon bone and unicorn horn. ;D But did run across this nice blank of rare cocuswood and thought it would go nice with a mammoth ivory mouthpiece.  I've had this blank for a few months now and curiosity has been eating me up to see what was inside. The sound and tone of the cocuswood is amazing!  It's no wonder it was over harvested and nearly wiped out in the 18th and 19th centuries.

eorlando

Now that is beautiful!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ltprod

For sale??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Some really NICE contrast in that peice of wood
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Chris O

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Wow Brother, VERY Nice!!!!

crow

Very sharp looking call

Crawdad

That is outstanding brother, always wanted to try some of that but I couldn't find any.

sbbow

Anthony when you get tired of it I know a fella who'd buy it ! VERY NICE TOO!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Nice to see you focus on the cocus.....with a little Mastodon playing through the MP!!!! :you_rock:

Great job as usual my friend!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Sixes

antnye

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on July 02, 2018, 03:35:44 PM
Nice to see you focus on the cocus.....with a little Mastodon playing through the MP!!!! :you_rock:

Great job as usual my friend!

Thanks Allen
It's just the curl of the burl. That's just the way of the world!  :you_rock:

Quote from: Crawdad on July 02, 2018, 02:43:25 PM
That is outstanding brother, always wanted to try some of that but I couldn't find any.

Thanks Mr Robert!  Yes it's tough to locate. I had to pay dearly for this piece!

Quote from: sbbow on July 02, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
Anthony when you get tired of it I know a fella who'd buy it ! VERY NICE TOO!

I'd intended on selling it. But the more I play it, the more me thinks this may be the official 2019 cohutta mountain turkey caller.  ;D

outdoors

I'd intended on selling it. But the more I play it, the more me thinks this may be the official 2019 cohutta mountain turkey caller.  ;D
[/quote]

MAN O MAN I NEVER THOUGHT YOU TO BE A BUG TEASE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

antnye

Quote from: outdoors on July 02, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

MAN O MAN I NEVER THOUGHT YOU TO BE A BUG TEASE
[/quote]

;D don't listen to me. I want to keep them all! Hahahaha