turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2019 Turkey Hunts

Started by WW, June 28, 2018, 01:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1kwikstik

Oklahoma controlled hunt results posted today. I drew out for McCurtain Co. Wilderness Area in southeast Oklahoma. Got pretty lucky, they only draw 16 permits

JK Spurs

KY, OH, PA for sure....maybe NY if I can fit it in.
I like my turkey well peppered

CAPTJJ

Will start in FL, trying to complete my second grand slam with a recurve without a blind this time. Then I may stop in SC on the return trip at a bow only area, followed by my home state of NY.

Jim K

PA home state, Nebraska and then up to Montana. Maybe Georgia in March. Haven't decided on that yet.

cramerhunts

Arizona, Texas, and Hawaii are on the agenda. If cards play out throw in Mexico for Gould's.

Crghss

FL, home state
PA, state I'm from
SD, first time
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

stringtown

MS (home)
AL (wife's family land)

WA
ID
PA
WV

Maybe Florida again w oldest daughter

Over half way finished w US Slam. I've gotten skunked in a couple states but overall pretty good luck. Did Mexico about a decade ago and want to do Canada at some point.

derek

Tentatively planning on stretching out some next year. Wanted to start in florida. Then do an oklahoma/kansas/Nebraska maybe Wyoming run depending on how time and tags allow.. come home for md and nj, hopefully draw a de tag.. I'll already have those licenses.  Then once those seasons are out here head north... maybe vermont/new hampshire/Maine?  Been talking of the dream season for a while now... time to start making it a reality and start working towards 49.  Garunteed to bite off more than I can chew, but wouldn't have it any other way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

arrow1

Texas for Rios for the fourth time.

stringtown

Quote from: derek on July 09, 2018, 10:35:41 PM
Tentatively planning on stretching out some next year. Wanted to start in florida. Then do an oklahoma/kansas/Nebraska maybe Wyoming run depending on how time and tags allow.. come home for md and nj, hopefully draw a de tag.. I'll already have those licenses.  Then once those seasons are out here head north... maybe vermont/new hampshire/Maine?  Been talking of the dream season for a while now... time to start making it a reality and start working towards 49.  Garunteed to bite off more than I can chew, but wouldn't have it any other way

I'm jealous of your location since I'm trying to do the state slam. I went to NJ and had success 2yrs ago. Then drove down to Maryland and got completely screwed by an outfitter on what was suppose to be a Maryland and Deleware hunt so gotta go back at some point. Plus, I had to watch that stupid video and take that test to acquire the Delaware license.

derek

Quote from: stringtown on July 13, 2018, 04:44:30 PM
Quote from: derek on July 09, 2018, 10:35:41 PM

I'm jealous of your location since I'm trying to do the state slam. I went to NJ and had success 2yrs ago. Then drove down to Maryland and got completely screwed by an outfitter on what was suppose to be a Maryland and Deleware hunt so gotta go back at some point. Plus, I had to watch that stupid video and take that test to acquire the Delaware license.
It certainly has its advantages with being in such close proximity to several other states.   Which outfitter? The public tags for delaware I suspect will become more difficult to draw due to a new thing this year.. they're going to separate lotteries for wma and state forests.. so some people will draw both, even though you only have 1 tag.. completely knocking out an opportunity for those who won't draw.  There were already too many people not drawing a permit and this will make it worse. I feel for those from farther away that are trying to hit de public, since you must buy the license and go through the course just to apply and then not draw. But I digress.

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

stringtown

http://www.doaoutfitters.com/turkey-hunts/

This is the crook we used.

Yeah, Delaware makes it tough on out of state hunters.

kennedyh1990

Home state of Arkansas, Texas, and hopefully Nebraska. Planning on trying to hunt the Pine Ridge area for the first time. Any advice would be helpful.