OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Footballer

Started by shatcher, June 25, 2018, 08:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

I got a stoned aluminum in walnut today from Mark.  I really like the concave sides.  This is a fairly raspy call that is easy to play.  Fit, finish and sound are all spot on.  I'm trying to decide what to get next.  Sassafrass or chestnut double slate?  I'm really liking the stoned aluminum though.

Clardh

I've seen his calls on here and heard his sound files. They are definitely all turkey. I'll be getting a call from him in the future. That's for sure. I really liked his Osage he posted the other day. Pretty call. Congratulations on your call and good luck with it!

shatcher

Appreciate it.  I like the look of the osage too.  Flamed would be really nice looking.  I venture to guess that osage in double slate would sound good.  I asked about that the other day.  I asked Mark if he would post a close up running a call.  He has a knack for it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: shatcher on June 25, 2018, 08:22:51 PM
Appreciate it.  I like the look of the osage too.  Flamed would be really nice looking.  I venture to guess that osage in double slate would sound good.  I asked about that the other day.  I asked Mark if he would post a close up running a call.  He has a knack for it.
First off congratulations on some great calls. I have an anodized aluminum and black slate both in white oak from him and love both. I would watch that video for sure.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jbird22

Here are a few soundfiles of the 2 calls I got from Mark:
https://soundcloud.com/jbird_22/mark-cunningham-walnut-green-alum-over-glass
https://soundcloud.com/jbird_22/mark-cunningham-sassafras-slate-over-slate

Needless to say, I really like both of them. The Slate has a very classic, mellow sound while the Green Aluminum is a bit more edgy and raspy. Mark makes a really good call!

shatcher

Man, they both sound good.

Sir-diealot

They both sound fantastic, you are a much better caller than I.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

larry9988

I like the sound of that sassafras slate over slate.

jryser

I have a paduak call from him that's in my vest and just ordered the slate on slate chestnut. Some GREAT calls man, turkey turkey turkey!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Foolery

I went sassafras slate/glass

Spitten and drummen

Keep up the great work. They sound great.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

I want one of those chestnut double slates.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE