OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Persimmon and Osage Slate

Started by Footballer, June 22, 2018, 09:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Here's the last round of slates before I start messing with crystal calls. I'll say this, I'm a huge fan of persimmon as it turns extremely well and makes for a great slate call (just ask Eddie Wynn).

I bought the osage primarily for crystal calls. It makes a LOUD slate call. The video doesn't really capture the volume well but it flat sings.

I didn't try a double slate on either but may have to with the persimmon.

Thanks for looking!!

https://youtu.be/42IiT1T7-YI

https://youtu.be/0BRs36zqBHg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

They both look and sound great but there is something I really like about that Osage sound.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

outdoors

I would love to hear a OSAG slate/slate
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

va longbeard

Nice work Mark they both sound fantastic!

jryser

Oh my....

PEte_A

Osage is my favourite looking wood. that pot is a beaut.

shatcher

Mark, all of your calls have sounded great.  You're on to something here.  You play these calls good too.  I'd like to see a close up video of you running one of these slates.

Footballer

Thanks guys. I've had a few request a close up of me running a call. I'll see if I can't put together a video soon.

JonD.

Great job! That persimmon with the hickory striker sounds awesome man.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

DrDirtNap

Man those calls sound awesome!  Now I'm really torn on what I should get !

Spitten and drummen

All of your slate pots sound really good. Like your aluminums also. You nailed them on sound.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jryser

Quote from: DrDirtNap on June 24, 2018, 11:57:41 AM
Man those calls sound awesome!  Now I'm really torn on what I should get !

Get the slate on slate. Sweetest turkey sound I've ever heard and most importantly sounds like turkey hens in my home state of Indiana where I hunt.

va longbeard

I just received my sassafras slate over slate today and this slate is as good as any grey slate I have ever run (and I have a ton of slate calls) this call has a lot of turkey built into it!

I can't believe you just started making calls Mark, the sound is up there and ahead of some of the biggest names out there building pot calls.

Thanks Mark!

shatcher

I've been after him to post a close up of him running them.

Tom Foolery

I got my sassafras slate/glass yesterday, unreal sound.