turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Done in CA

Started by TRKYHTR, April 23, 2011, 05:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I killed my 3rd CA gobbler this morning. He gobbled over 100 times before flying down. Then almost as many after he hit the ground. He finally made it to an area where he could see my Jake decoy and then flew over a fence and within shooting distance. He was a little to my right so I let him strut a little and then he walked about 10 yards closer. He went into strut again and then started doing the mean walk toward my decoy. At 25 yards, with nothing between me and him, I putted and he read the script and periscoped his head up and the benilli did its job. He was a heavy turkey at 21.3 lbs, 9 3/4" beard, 1" sharp curved spurs. After Josh picked me up he asked if I would go with him and call for one of his clients. I said sure. So we went to this big ridge and got a few turkeys to gobble about 1 mile across to the other ridge. After 20 minutes one of the turkeys sounded like he was moving. 10 minutes later he was gobbling to me and was on our side of this huge drainage. I told both of them we needed to go a get set up that he was coming. He was now gobbling to every call I made. He hung up about 75 yards away and I made a move. I thought a little movement and calling from a different spot would make the difference and it did. He cutt me off on my first call from my new position. 2 minutes later he answered me and had cut the distance in half. It was now that I saw both Josh and Hugh moving like crazy. I thought there is no way Hugh was going to kill this turkey because he was moving too much. The next time I called he gobbled and sounded like he was in Hughs lap. 3 seconds later Hughs gun barked and the turkey was flopping downhill. He shot the turkey at 5 yards. This turkeys head was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Now I am ready for my SD/WY hunt. I am the High Priest in my Churchs Easter play tonight and tomorrow. Alot of irons in the first but God is good and he blessed me with a wonderful day and end to my 2011 CA turkey season.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

JVA54

:icon_thumright:  Congrast!!

new2turkey

Congrats!!

Talk about a jellyhead....

Bigsho69

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Flydown

Congrats on a great season so far Joe! Good luck the rest of the season buddy! :you_rock:

M,Yingling

Congrats on the birds  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

flintlock

Congrats, time to downshift to the bow now!   :)

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Wrangler95

:anim_65:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

mossy835

Nice birds, sounds like you all had a great hunt and time.

OLE RASPY

cannonball

boomer

njdevilsb

That's a great day.  Congrats to you both on 2 nice birds.

BOFF

Great to read Joe!!!

Some exciting hunts!!

The birds here just aren't gobbling. I bet you heard more gobbling  this morning, than I have the last 2 seasons here in Alabama.

God Bless,
David B.