turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ran up to Nebraska for a few days

Started by Gooserbat, May 25, 2018, 02:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Never done NE before and it was basically an itch I wanted to scratch. My cousin and I killed two each.  Decided to come home instead of buying the last tag. 

It was a fun trip, saw a lot of new country and made some new friends.  Just might be back.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gooserbat

Here's my other Tom and one of Cuz's birds.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623

joey46

Nice pictures.  Congrats on a successful trip.  Too much doom and gloom reports on here about the 2018 season.

zelmo1

Nice birds. Sounds like a good trip, congrats brother  :drool:

jb1069

I would like to add Nebraska next year. Did you go with an outfitter or was it DIY? Doesn't seem to be alot of public ground. I am just starting to look, any info or suggestions would be a appreciated. Nice Birds! Congrats!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Improvinghunter101

Congratulations on a successful trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the both of you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

CONGRATS on a successful trip !!!!

Well played !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

High plains drifter

Nice.I didn't know you could get a brown bird in Nebraski.Good job.

JMalin

They've been kicking my butt.  It's been hot and windy and the birds have been shutting down by 9:30.  Toms have been roosted with hens, but they start to break away an hour and a half after fly down.  I finally got on one this morning and had him in to 40, but before I could put my red dot on him, he got into some brush and then flat out disappeared.  Only gobbled one time on his way to me.  The plan tomorrow is to get in well before daylight and set up in an area I saw a flock feeding and a couple of toms strutting.  These plains birds are not fun to hunt.  The only place with cover to setup in is the drainages they roost in.

High plains drifter

Quote from: JMalin on May 27, 2018, 09:50:34 PM
They've been kicking my butt.  It's been hot and windy and the birds have been shutting down by 9:30.  Toms have been roosted with hens, but they start to break away an hour and a half after fly down.  I finally got on one this morning and had him in to 40, but before I could put my red dot on him, he got into some brush and then flat out disappeared.  Only gobbled one time on his way to me.  The plan tomorrow is to get in well before daylight and set up in an area I saw a flock feeding and a couple of toms strutting.  These plains birds are not fun to hunt.  The only place with cover to setup in is the drainages they roost in.
.    If you can, you move to the next drainage over, if it isn't too far.

Gooserbat

We killed every bird between 1:00 on and 7:30 pm.  Binoculars were our friends.
NWTF Booth 1623

Rio Fan