Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2018 Recap

Started by Gobble!, May 24, 2018, 09:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Season ended yesterday in Maryland but its one I will always remember. Got things started opening day with a good bird. Then helped friends and family kill a total of 6 more, including my 5 year olds first turkey. Worked on trying to fill my last tag the last two weeks of season but couldn't get on the birds. Second to last day of the season I got on a bird only to have a coyote spook him, only needed that bird to follow his hen another 20 yards to be in range. Last day of the season I head back in the same spot and everything couldn't have worked out better. That bird yesterday was the 50th spring gobbler I have had the pleasure of watching die. Without a doubt this was the least amount of gobbles I have heard per hour I hunted in a season but from a kill perspective its been my best. 324 days until next youth season!

Happy

Congrats on the season and especially getting your sons first under his belt. I am sure that's a day you both won't forget.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

hookedspur

Congrats ! Love his smile ..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

Quote from: hookedspur on May 25, 2018, 06:14:28 AM
Congrats ! Love his smile ..

Haha yeah. That first picture was taken less than 5 minutes after he shot it.

Roost 1

Congrats on a great season.

TauntoHawk

That's awesome, Did he use a 410

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 26, 2018, 05:52:58 AM
That's awesome, Did he use a 410

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No, 20 gauge 870 with a kicklite stock shooting 1.125oz of TSS #10s.

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE