turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HeavyShot Problem, Help

Started by Shoebuck, May 22, 2018, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoebuck

:I am having trouble with the granuals that surround the shot. These are #7 heavyshot 13. The filler comes out and sticks to the inside of the magazine tube and the follower, making it very hard to push the shells into the magazine. Anybody else have this, and what did you do? Thx,Dave

akp

Nail polish works pretty well.  I've heard others say Elmer's glue. 

bbcoach

Candle wax will solve the problem.

JoeA

Whatever you used to seal up the shell, go easy. I've used wax on some old .410 hulls when loading for skeet. Masking tape works on a pinch too, just use a small bit.
NWTF, SCI, DU and Half Tone Game Calls

Shoebuck

Has anyone else had a problem with these shells? The filler got in the magazine and it became very hard to push shells in. I shoot a Benneli M2.

nyhunter

Quote from: Shoebuck on May 22, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with these shells? The filler got in the magazine and it became very hard to push shells in. I shoot a Benneli M2.

YEP I have had the same problem with them, I used nail polish.

akp

Yes, buffer is going to leak if you use Hevi shells.

paboxcall

Quote from: Shoebuck on May 22, 2018, 05:39:10 PM

Yes, I did. And...

Quote from: bbcoach on May 22, 2018, 04:08:22 PM
Candle wax will solve the problem.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

1iagobblergetter

Like others said..I use Elmers Glue or Candle wax on them before i ever use them whether they are leaking or not.

stinkpickle

I use glue.  The Hevi shells I've bought in the last couple of years haven't had that problem, though.

Old Gobbler

Call up H-Shot , tell them the situation,  demand replacement product etc...
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

pdaugherty

If the majority of the buffer is still in the shell then I would try some Elmers glue, just enough to fill in the space between the crimps. If its pretty serious I would call Hevi and speak with the customer service section. They've always been very helpful and done a great job if I needed assistance.

Shoebuck

Contacted Hevishot and talked to Mike with customer service. I am shipping all of my shells back to be replaced by new ones. Good customer service, Dave

trkehunr93

Glad they stand behind there product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

It's good they stand behind it but can they not figure this out?  Their shells have been leaking buffer forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk