OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beard Displays?

Started by spitndrum, April 23, 2011, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

Having killed 3 this year and only 1 3yr old which hhis fan will go on the wall cause he is the 2nd biggest I have killed. the other 2 were typical 2 year olds 8 3/4 inch beard and 9 inch beard. Post some pics of your beard diplays I need some ideas of how to keep em guys!
Welcome to Beard and Spur Ideas as well not sure if I want to make a spur necklace or not yet?

Trevor2

I have seen beards displayed in the shotgun shells that was used to take em.
Strutstopper

spitndrum

Preacher

Romans 8:37

neal

I just take the brass from the shotgun shell, punch out the primer hot glue in a tea cup hook and hot glue the beard in and hang them on a horseshoe nail....

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

spitndrum

Some nice looking displays fellas

magedon44

guesswho

The first two pictures are from a beard board my Mom made for me.   It holds four or five deep and roughly 25 across, you can make them what ever size you desire though.

A smaller version

This beard board(at the top of the picture)I made out of an old piece of wood from a barn.  It's a bit different, I drilled holes through the board the size of a 12 gauge shell.  I stuck the shell's through the holes then inserted the beards in to the shell, that way they stick out from the wall instead of hang straight down.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

deerhunt1988

I bought this beard holder at the NWTF National Convention and really like it. It is made to where the  beards fit right in, but I like keeping my spurs with my beards.

Going to buy a few more and do all my beards/spurs like that.

You can buy these plaques at www.turkeyfanman.com

WildSpur

Wow!  Some of you guys have some beards!

I am experimenting with my beard board but it is basically a stain grade 2x2.  It is attached to a 1x.  I drilled the 2x out with a 3/4" bit which seems to fit 12 guage brass perfectly.  I then use sealant and glue the beard in the hull and then into the board.

Cluck more, yelp less

West Augusta

A buddy made me this barn board fan display that has hooks for beards and shelves for a few calls.

My Euro
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eggshell

Some real nice displays. A lot of my beards started falling apart after years. The ones glued in shotgun shells kept the best. However, I got tired of keeping everything and it taking up space so I up and threw all of them in the garbage one day. I don't keep anything but the meat anymore. I just like hunting the critters and I could never work out the seasoning and cooking to make the beards and spurs tender and tasty. I did see a guy who had skinned the spur section to bone and polished the spurs and leg piece an made a necklace and it was very nice.

3bailey3

3bailey3

I like the fan, spurs and beard all together