OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Guy

Started by HVS, May 19, 2018, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVS

Been lurking around for a few years here from upstate NY but wanted to register and say thank you to the many members on this forum who share so much advise and information.. Ive been a avid turkey hunter for 35 years and always wanted to make my own calls and the information ive got from this site has got me off to a really good start.. Ive been making pot calls now for a couple years and wanted to share a few pics here of a couple nice gobblers that ive been fortunate to harvest with them. Thank You.

Sir-diealot

Welcome to the site from a fellow New Yorker, nice to have you here. If I might ask what is the gun in the bottom picture? We would enjoy seeing some of your calls. I live off Seneca Lake myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HVS

Im sure in many states you cant use a pistol to turkey hunt but here in NY as long as your not shooting a bullet its legal.. TC super 14" .410 its my 2nd bird with this gun..

HVS

Sir-d,  Heading up to Newcomb this Friday to hunt turkeys been fortunate enough to get a Adirondack bird a couple years ago.. Im tagged out so bringing a youth who has never shot a bird before..

HVS

Ceramic in maple pot

Sir-diealot

Nice looking calls. Reason I asked is I have a friend that has been through a lot with cancer and a shotgun or rifle is getting to be to much for him. Years ago I bought him a Savage Striker in .308 so he could continue to deer hunt. Seeing his face when we walked into the gun shop and then having him pick it up and check it out and then asking him if he liked it and he said "Yea , it's nice" I told him "good it's yours." was one of the best feelings I have ever had in my life. I wish I would have had a camera that day. Edit: I have not been as far as  Newcomb, I have been to Racquet Lake and Pottsdam but not that far. Good luck with the youngster.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

renegade19

zelmo1

:wagon:  congrats on thebirds bro

Tail Feathers

Welcome! :welcomeOG:

You must like 'em close with the .410.  That sounds like a good challenge.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

HVS

Thanks guys.. Got myself a little treat after hunting in the morning.. Someone say mushroom soup? lol

3bailey3

Rand nice haul, nice looking pots also!

Tunaguy

Welcome from a fellow New Yorker.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

tomstopper

Welcome and congrats. Originally from Corning NY

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Welcome to O.G. & Congrats
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Dtrkyman

Nice mess!!! Is that some kind of wrist strap for your calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk