OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally get to hunt! (Tagged out with a double !!!!) Pictures added!

Started by Divenut2, May 16, 2018, 12:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divenut2

Well, at long last my season has finally come here in Door County WI. Got 2 late season tags for the 16th-22nd. Just got to the cabin, got my gear laid out and hope to get a 4 hours (Ya right lol!) of sleep before hitting the woods. Weather looks great. Fingers crossed!!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

Tail Feathers

I love the day before opening day.  I love opening day.  Heck, I love turkey season!!! :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

renegade19

1iagobblergetter

Good luck...That had to be painful waiting this long...

Cut N Run

Good Luck.  Take no prisoners.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Divenut2

Well, tagged out 30 minutes into the season. What an incredibly exciting hunt. Gobbling from what seemed lik e 5 differnt toms. Got replies to my initial soft yelps and purrs. Then  hens got into it. Called 2 hens off the bluffs when they came off the roost. The larger of the 2 toms came down minutes later,  followed by the 2nd tom They strutted and followed the hens in front of me from right to left at 24 paces. Get the red dot on the bigger one and drop him. Rather than take off, the 2nd fella jumps on the dead one and starts to pummel it. as I  jack in another round. Let him have hit. Dropped instantly.  8 + pellets through the head and double that through the neck on both. It was all over in a matter of seconds, but man my heart was pumping. I'm still grinning from ear to ear.  22.9 lbs and 21.3 lbs. Can't connect my laptop to Wi-Fi here, and having trouble attaching pics with my phone  :character0029:

I got a bunch to post up when I get back home. In the mean time, sipping bourbon on the back porch listening to the bedtime gobbles as the birds roost on the bluffs behind me as I type on my phone.  :happy0064:

Be well all
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

3bailey3

High plains drifter

zelmo1

Gobble!